Episode 35 "Mummy in the Maze" Part 1

-Venus POV-

It was late as we had a new case at a Halloween maze. Temp, Booth and I get there as we were walking Booth says, "Now that is an excellent costume. What are you two wearing?" Temp then asks, "What? Now?" "No, not now. To the Jeffersonian Halloween Ball." "What I always wear. Are you going this year?" "I'm the official unofficial FBI liaison to the Jeffersonian- of course I'm going. What about you Blueberry?" I looked at him, "I was busy preparing the Ball that I had Angie get me my costume... So I am not sure what I am going to be this year." "Nice a surprise." We then looked at the Dr. Potoska who is escorting us to the location as he says into the walkie-talkie, "We just passed the Wolfman." "Go straight towards the guillotine and veer left." He then looked at us, "It's a maze. What can I do?" 

Temp then asks, "Dr. Potoska, how were the remains discovered?" "A kid passed out." "What killed him?" "The kid didn't die; he just fainted." She then looks at us, "Then why am I here?" I chuckle then say, "Patience you must have, my young Pawdawan." Booth laughs, "Start Wars nice." Dr. Potoska then says, "Well, when Matty fainted, I was here with my own kids. I'm a pediatrician, but I'm also the corner." Booth adds, "Small town." "Yeah, well, Matty revived easily enough. Uh, he's what you call a nervous type kid. But then I saw what it was that made him faint in the first place, and I almost fainted, too because it was a mummy, which I told the sheriff, who called the FBI, who called..." I answer, "Me..." He nods, "And how here we are, lost in this stupid maze looking for the mummy." Booth asks, "A mummy?" "Yeah I do not see a guillotine. What would you call that?" Temp tried, "Oh, um... a cowboy?" I chuckle as Booth says, "No, it's a scarecrow." We then hear the walkie-talkie, "Look, just keep turning to the right, all right? Let me know when you reach the dragon." "Uh, dead end... with teeth." "That's because you turned left at the goblin. You were supposed to turn right." 

Booth asks, "Look, when you say a mummy, you mean, uh...?" "Wrapped in bandages, curse of King Tut." Temp then says, "No offense, but I'm not certain a pediatrician is qualified..." "Pediatrician and coroner. See that? Yeah... Okay, we are at the electric chair." "There's an electric chair?" "Hmm." I then say, "Could you just tell him to uh, throw his flashlight up in the air?" "Uhm... Director Dr. Venus requests that you toss your flashlight into the air." "Ten-four." We wait and see the flashlight in the air as Booth says, "Ah! There it is." I nod as Dr. Potoska says, "Oh, let's see if we can get there this way." As we were about to follow him Booth says, "Guys." We look at him as he runs through the stacked hay and gets to the other side as I snicker. We follow behind him and made it to our destination.

Booth then says, "Oh! What do you think, Bones, Blueberry?" Temp starts first, "Well... Ocular contents dry, orbits collapsed, leathery skin... These are actual human remains." "Mummy." I then ask, "How long will it take to get out of this maze?" Booth then says, "Not as long as you might think." He then presses his car keys as we hear it and look at the direction where the car was as he then proceeded to push the hay out of the way. On the other side were other FBI agents as I chuckle.

We sent the mummy back to the lab that night. Next day we get a call that it was from a thrift store as we went to the place. We entered as we spoke to the owner as he says, "Clothes from this ministry were found on a dead body? Well, I'm afraid that happens fairly often." Temp and I were confused as we ask, "Why?" "Because we're a charitable congregation. Homeless people know that we'll provide them what they need." Temp then asks, "Do you, by any chance, remember these specific pieces of clothing?" "This is from your murder victim?" "Mm-hmm." We then hear someone, "Pastor Jonas? Do you have anything like this in red?" "You're looking for something that screams 'Satan,' right?" "Basically. I think we have a pink cape in the back. Maybe we can dye it." Booth then asks, "What kind of church dresses kids like Satanists?" "Let me show you. At Halloween we do a Hell House. Fornication, theft, murder, gambling, usury, sodomy, abortion." Temp asks, "It's kind of horrific, isn't it?" "Well, abandoning the path of righteousness is horrific, Dr. Brennan. This is our way of remaking a pagan holiday- Halloween, into a positive celebration of Christian values. Excellent prostitute, Stephanie."