Episode 34 "The Secret in the Soil" Part 1

-No One POV-

"Okay, Dr. Brennan, Agent Booth. Together. A little closer. Okay, yeah, that's perfect. Beautiful." Booth and Brennan had their hands placed together as they looked at Dr. Sweets weirdly as he continued speaking, "Now keeping your back straight, I want you each to lean forward." Both of them were about to do it as Booth shakes his head, "No." "Excuse me?" Brennan then says, "Come on, Booth. I'm sure this is just one of those meaningless exercises meant to illustrate the importance of supporting each other." Booth then looks at Dr. Sweets, "We agreed to see another therapist, not be action figures for a 12-year-old." "I'm 22, Agent Booth. I have a doctorate in psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, where my dissertation on the effects of job stress was published." "That's great. I'm sure mom is really proud of you, Sweets." "Dr. Sweets, or Lance, you know, if you're more comfortable with informality, but I'd prefer, out of respect for each other and the process of psychotherapy, that we at least try to, uh...."

They then hear a knock from the door as it opens revealing Venus as she pokes her head through and says, "Sorry to bother... but I just needed to make sure if this was Dr. Sweet's room." They all look at her as she fully steps inside the room as Sweets was a bit taken aback from her beauty as he says, "Uhhh.... that's me. Dr. Sweets. How-how may I help you?" "Oh, I am here because Ranger here called me telling me that I needed to come here for... I'm not even sure... But I am the other partner." Booth then says, "You finally made it here Blueberry. And look I finally found you a playmate you could play around with." "Playmate? Who?" "This kid here, Sweets. 

He is the same age as you." "Venus looked at Sweets excitedly, "Really? I never had a friend who's the same age as me, this is amazing!" She hurried over to him and sticks out her hand, "I'm Dr. Venus Brennan. Younger sister of Dr. Temperance Brennan. But call me Venus." He shakes her hand trying to process everything that was going on. Booth then goes over to them and grabs Venus's head and pulls her back and puts a pen in Sweets face. "Great I just helped you make a new friend, now sign the forms so I can get out of this suit and I could have a Saturday night." Sweets looks at him and sighs, grabbing the pen and looks at Brennan as she says, "I don't care how young you are. I've never believed in psychotherapy." "Mm..." Venus then says, "Don't worry I will listen to anything you want to say."  Booth sits down next to Venus as she sat right next to Temperance on the couch as Sweets look between the three seeing how different each person was.

He then proceeded to say, "Agent Booth, Dr. Brennan, Venus, this isn't a game. The FBI is considering severing your partnership." Venus just looked confused not getting any notification on this from the FBI director as Brennan and Booth says, "What? " "Why?" Sweets laugh, "Why? Dude, you arrested their father." Brennan adds, "He was just doing his job." "Yeah, but come on, he, like, he arrested your father. He's going to have to be a witness against him. Circumstances such as these tend to stir up a lot of scar feelings." Venus thinks about it and nods, "That does kind of sounds messed up...." Booth then adds, "I don't have scary feelings. Maybe you need a little night-light at night to sleep." "Agent Booth, you've been trying to intimidate me since the moment you stepped in here. And you've succeeded." Venus smacks Booth on the head as Brennan says, "Don't scare the boy, Booth." Venus then says, "He still hasn't seen the whole world yet, don't make it hard on him."

Sweets then says, "Uhh, Venus... you're the same age as me." "I know, why?" He just sighs, "Now, I need you three to, uh, fill out these questionnaires and get 'em back to me. Don't share your answers." Venus sighs, "More paperwork?! But I already have enough to deal with." Sweets sits back down and says, "It'll help me evaluate whether Dr. Brennan's or Venus services should be assigned to a new agent." Venus was confused as to why she was not informed about this as Booth says, "That's not going to happen." Sweets then says, "Like it or not, Agent Booth, I'm the therapist in charge of this case, so I suggest that we work in cooperation rather than conflict."