Episode 80 ''The Beginning in the End'' Part 3

3rd POV

Venus is waiting right outside of the parking lot with a few folders in hand as she checks the time waiting to see that Jones should be arriving right about now

Venus is waiting right outside of the parking lot with a few folders in hand as she checks the time waiting to see that Jones should be arriving right about now. What she didn't see was that Wendell also arrived at the Jeffersonian as he was looking around until he spots Venus about to call her out until he sees a car pull up right in front of her as she looks through the window talking to someone as the person comes out of the car. Wendell watches a bit confused on who the guy was as he couldn't get a good view of his face as he just sees him telling something to Venus making her blush a bit as she says something back and tries to give him some files as he shakes his head a bit and opens the door for her seeming to invite her in to go somewhere. Wendell watches as she sighs a bit but gets into the car as the guy closes the door making his way to the driver seat before driving off. Wendell wasn't very pleased seeing what was going on, and it seemed like the two were close to one another which he didn't like seeing as well. So, he decided to quickly get into his car and follow them to see what was going on.

Venus and Jones finally arrived at the restaurant talking as Wendell was in his car not too far able to see the two as he was mentally arguing with himself as he says, "Why am I even here? I know Venus would go on a date with another guy right after we broke up. That's not her at all... It can be a friend of hers or maybe one of those meetings she has for the Jeffersonian." He nods a bit trying to convince himself otherwise as he then sees the waiter bringing the two some wine as the guy then grabs her hand as he then says, "But that guy can have different intentions." Over with Venus Jones grabbed her hand as he tells her, "You know that you won't be doing this mission alone right?" Venus gives him a small smile, "Thanks for wanting to go with me, but I have to do it alone. I don't want to put your life in my hands Jones, I wouldn't know how to cope if something happened to you because of me." "You worry to much, plus I'm older than you kid. I can clearly handle taking care of myself yah know. Improved a lot since you left. Plus I'm pretty sure I should be the one saying that instead."

Venus chuckles a bit, "Alright, never did I say you couldn't take care of yourself, but I rather need you here because you can help me out much more than out there. You know what to do for either when I come back or don't." "Which you will." "Hopefully. But point is I need you here to keep an eye on things for me." He nods understanding, "Alright kid, you got it. But when you're done, you better call me first." "I promise I will, as long as you come pick me up." He smiles, "You got yourself a deal little Lioness." The two-chuckle shaking hands as Jones start drinking his wine as he looks at Venus who just holding hers. He then says to her, "I wonder who the person that followed us wants?" Venus sighs, "That's Wendell..." "You're boyfriend?" "Used to be boyfriend." He looks at he a bit surprised, "So you really did break it off with him." She nods, "Yes, I thought it would be best." "Thought? Do you still think the same right now?" "I- I'm not sure..." He nods a bit, "How about you drink on it for now and relax a bit, don't worry about your case or the soon departure." Venus gives him a small smile, "You just want to know how I look drunk." He smirks a bit teasingly, "Just a bit." "You need to find yourself a girlfriend." "Why? You interested in me? Sorry kid, you're young for me." "Not, interested, you rather pass looking like my dad." "Ouch." The two laugh a bit as Venus goes ahead and starts drinking the wine. About 20 minutes later she finishes the cup as she was already drunk making Jones laugh, "It still cracks me up seeing such a scary and serious girl like yourself get drunk so fast and easily."