Episode 20 "The Girl with the Curl" Part 2

-Venus POV-

Booth was in the interview room with Jeremy and Ms. Farrell. I walked in as Jeremy says, "Of course. I'm at every pageant. Okay, you see what happens?" I then say, "Sorry Ranger, I had to go over some stuff with Jimmy over the phone." "It's all right, just take a seat. This here is Dr. Venus who is the current director of the Jeffersonian Institution who is assisting us on this investigation." I smiled at the two as Jeremy says, "Venus?" "Hello, sorry for coming a bit late had something important to do before, but don't mind me." Mrs. Farrell then says, "Look, I make him come... to carry Haley's changes and the props for her talent competition." Booth then says, "Well, you know, a lot of kids his age, they'd- they'd just refuse."

Jeremy then says, "Okay, so what? So then I'm a- I'm a bad kid because I'm a good kid?" "Mmm. What do you call this look?" I then look at Booth, "Ranger that is technically not a look." Jeremy nods, "She's right this is not a look." Mrs. Farrell then says, "Emo. It's called emo." "No, it's not." "It's short for overly emotive." "No, Mom. No, it's not. Okay? I like these clothes. I like this hair. It's not emo. It's not anything." I then say, "I think it looks good. Everyone has their own style that they like." "Thank you." I then ask, "Do you have a girlfriend?" This perks Jeremies interest a bit as he straightens up, "Who's asking?" The mom then says, "He does. She looks exactly like him." I nod, "Cute."  Booth then asks, "Are you guys, like, real boyfriend and girlfriend?" "What do you mean? What? Do we have sex?" "I don't know. You tell me." "Why? Because if we don't, then I'm just- some pervert who's got a thing for little girls?"

Booth shakes his head, "Nah, I think you like older women like Dr. Venus here." I was shocked as I look at Booth, "What?" He ignored my statement as he continued and showed him a picture, "The day that this, uh, picture was taken, did you speak with Brianna Swanson?" "Yeah." The mother looked at him, "Jeremy?" "She was picking on my little sister." I ask, "Did you argue with her?" "No. We called each other names." Booth asks, "Are you wearing the same shoes that you wore that day?" He said no while his mom said yes. She then says, "He's worn the same thing every day for a year." Booth then ask, "Would you be willing to give us those shoes?" "No." I then say, "Could I just take a look at them right now then? I just want to check them out and see how they are made." He looks at me for a few seconds as he then looks away, "Fine."

He hands me his shoes as I take a look at them seeing that they weren't the right metal or type of shoes. I then hand his shoes back with a smile, "There, like I promised. I think we are good now Ranger." He nods as he dismisses them. We exit the room as I say to Booth, "Those weren't the right shoes." "Really?" I nod. He sighs as I told him that I was going back to the lab and inform Temp on what we found. I am back at the lab as I enter Temps office, "Hey sis, I am back from the interview and Jeremies shoes are not the right ones were looking for." "How do you know?" "First things first, the caps are plasticized chrome, not stainless steel. And secondly, they are to broad and round to have caused the damage... to Brianna Swanson's bones." "Tell Cam and Booth." "Already informed them."

Temp and I are on the platform looking at a ripped piece of paper with Cam as Temp says, "It looks like colored dots, but it's so faded." I then ask, "Could this be a candy bar wrapper?" Temp shakes her head, "I don't think Brianna was supposed to eat candy." Cam then says, "There were a lot of things I wasn't supposed to do as a kid. I still did them. I haven't changed much." Booth then comes over to us asking, "What's with the, uh, Milk Blast Bar wrapper?" I then question, "Milk Blast Bar? What's a Milk Blast Bar?" Temp shrugs as Cam says, "It's about the cheapest, worst ice cream bar you can get. Available only at Red Shed convince stores." Booth and Cam both starting sinning the theme song as Temp and I watched confused. "Red Shed What you need now and how.. Yeah!" They both laugh as Cam says, "I thought they stopped making them." "Yeah. I thought I just ate 'em all."