Episode 19 "The Girl in Suite 2103" Part 1

-Venus POV-

I was not able to help in the last case with the man that has two wives and a third women with his kid since I was very busy that week with being new temporary Director of the Institution. But since no one really knows at the institution except for Temp and Booth about my title, I got a lecture from Cam about not attending or working on the case. But I was let off since I said that I was needed to do some other things. But I was really disappointed that I was not able to do that case since it sounded a lot of fun. Plus, Zack, Angie, and Hodgins said that me there wasn't the same when doing a case. I also accidently found out while fixing some things at the institution ventilation system that Cam and Booth are a couple... I still haven't said anything to Booth yet, since it is not the time, and I don't want others hearing what I wasn't supposed to see that day...

Temp, Booth and I are in the elevator going up to a crime scene as we watch Booth dancing a bit to the elevator music. Temp then asks, "You like this song?" "Nobody likes this song." "Oh. You're dancing to it." "I may be swaying a little." He starts humming as I say, "And humming." "Blueberry, Bones, you know, it's just something that you do in the elevator." "I know Ranger, just pulling your leg there." Temp adds, "Buddhists say that if we can lose ourselves in the moment, without distraction or desire, we experience truth." Booth looks at her, "Why can't you just hum like a normal, happy person?"

The doors then open revealing a disastrous room as Temp says, "Not really in the mood." "Okay, here we go." We exited out as Radziwill came over to us, "Special Agent Booth. And I'm gonna assume that these are both Dr. Brennan's." We nod as Booth says, "Bones, Blueberry, Alex Radziwill. He's, uh, you know, from the State Department." Temp then says, "Why'd you say it like that?" Radziwill then says, "Booth believes that the state Department was put on Earth to protect bad guys from the FBI." Temp then says, "I count three dead?" I add, "Sis, there is four. Thre's one behind the bar. Also, it's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Radziwill, you could call me Venus instead, so it would be easy for my sis and I." "Yes. You have a good eye Dr. Venus, we already I.D.'d him as the bartender. This was a cocktail party after a conference on drug trafficking in South America. The keynote speaker was Colombian judicial attaché Dolores Ramos." 

Temp then asks, "Did she survive?" "Minor burns, smoke inhalation. She'll be fine. Luck of the draw." I look around as Temp looks at Booth, "You seem uncomfortable. Does his size make you self-conscious?" "Bones." "Temp." "It's a condition; skeletal dysplasia. Pseudo-achondroplasia or SED congenita?" "Bones!" "What?" "Dr. Brennan, I can see that you're a straightforward person. I can see you and your sister are very much the opposite of each other, and as much as I appreciate that quality, what you're asking me is neither your business not relevant." "But it's my business because I'm a forensic anthropologist." I add, "But he is right sis on how it is not relevant, plus we are here to look at the crime scene." "Yes, your right."

Booth then asks, "So, what happened here? Bomb?" "The blast came from the room next-door. Your people are working on the cause right now." We then hear Cam say, "I'm betting Colombian drug types. They just love blowing people up." Radziwill then says, "Before she was attached to the embassy, Dolores Ramos was a prosecutor in Bogota. She had plenty of enemies in the cartels." Booth then asks, "You I.D. anyone else besides the bartender?" "Hector Madure, Chief of Police from Quito, Ecuador." Cam then says, "I brought you both in to confirm the identity of his wife-she's the extra-crispy one."

Radziwill then says, "Father Gabriel Ruiz. He ran a drug program for kids in Bogota." Booth then says, "Well, you know, it's a big score for the drug cartels. Any one of these people, you know, make a good target." "I'm gonna check on the condition of the survivors. You need anything, just holler." "Will do." "Thank you." Temp and I walk over to the victim as Booth came over to us, "What do ya got, Bones, Blueberry?" Temp starts, "Female, mid-40s." I continued, "The bone structure fits this picture of Constanza Madure pretty closely. Dental work will confirm." Temp adds, "And the debris embedded in the remains suggest an explosion." I nod as Booth says, "So does that giant hole in the wall there." I chuckle as Temp says, "Hmm. Part of the navicular, the top of the left foot. Not hers." I look around as I say, "There are other bone shards scattered here."