Episode 71 "The Proof in the Pudding" Part 2

Venus POV

We surround the table as Cam asks, "Why would they bring us J.F.K.'s remains after all these years?" Hodgins then says, "Because people have thirst for the truth. And other people want to make sure that truth is never proclaimed." "Which are these?" Temp then says, "Well, I've been considering- in what kind of casket the president buried?" I answer, "Mahogany." Cam says, "That's a good casket. How could his remains be completely skeletonized?" "If the casket was compromised and allowed in oxygen and moisture, skeletonization could have occurred." Hodgins then says, "That's naive of us to imagine that Kennedy's remains were ever actually interred at Arlington. The hair I found? No cuticle or cortex. It's synthetic. As it happens, after J.F.K. was shot, the funeral home tried a cosmetic fix with wig hair, wax... and a metal mesh holding it in place." Cam then says in realization, "Ahh. The mesh would explain the crisscross patterns in the skull." We lean in to look at the skull as she then says, "I can't confront Michelle about something this big over the telephone, right?" Temp asks, "The fact that you may be investigating the murder of the president of the United States?" "No. The fact that she's pregnant." I nod, "Depends if you want to look at her in the face while saying it." She nods taking that into consideration. We then hear a shot fired and glass breaking as we all jump a bit looking at the entrance. We see Booth walking in as Temp and I say at the same time, "Booth." "Ranger." He walks with his hands out and gun in his hand facing down, "Hiya, Bones, Blueberry." Out of nowhere we see two guards tackling him to the ground as I wince knowing that was going to hurt as Temp asks, "Booth?" "Bones?" I then say, "We'll get you an ice pack..." "Thanks..."

I am upstairs sitting in the lounging area with Booth as he has an icepack on the back of his head as Temp comes over sitting next to me as she asks him, "You all right?" "Yeah. I can tell you those are a couple of big guys. Did you guys figure out who the dead guy is yet?" I nod as Temp explains, "Hodgins and Cam are convinced that it's John F. Kennedy. The 35th president of the United States... Who was assassinated on November 22, 1963." "I know who J.F.K. is." I add, "Also, Cam is certain that Michelle is pregnant." "Usually, that would be big news, but right now it's not so much. It's J.F.K.?" We nod as he then asks, "Wait. Was Hodgins the first to say that it was J.F.K.?" "Yes." "Then it's not J.F.K." Temp then says, "Hodgins is an excellent scientist." We then see Mr. White come over as we look at him as Booth sits up saying, "Hey, hey, Mr. White." "How did you get past the guards?" "Uh, sniper training. They train me how to walk really, really quietly." Mr. White then looks at me as I raise my hands as high as I can, "Wasn't me. I've been within all your eyes. So it's impossible for me to do something like that." He just sighs and says to Booth, "You're now restricted to the building, of course." "Damn. Who saw that coming?" Mr. White then turns away and walks away as Booth and I looked at each other and fist bump as Temp looks at us understanding as she chuckles a bit, "Ooh. You did help him, without actually helping him." We just smile and nod as I bow a bit, "That's your sister for you Temp."

I am on the computer on the platform video chatting the team that is in Angie's workspace with the volume low as I am faced to the screen of the deceased reconstruction photo as Booth says, "That is not J.F.K." I then say whispering, "Kennedy was on steroids to treat Addison's Disease. That's what wrecked his back and adrenals." Cam adds, "Well, that would create a more Cushingoid appearance." I then hear everyone go quiet as I then recognize an all to familiar voice as Mr. White says over where they were, "You are not permitted to identify the victim." Temp then says, "In order to recreate what happened to the skull, we need to encase it in flesh." Angie adds, "It's totally nondescript, as you can see." Sweets then says, "You know who I kinda see? Ricky Martin." Hodgins adds, "Alex Trebek." Cam adds, "James Garner." Temp then says, "I see Booth." I smile amused as Booth asks, "You think that looks like me?" "Yes, I do. I'll be in the bone room looking at the actual skull." I then say, "Well I am here so you could take the skull. And make sure to video chat me when you set up." She nods, "I will see you up soon." I nod ending the call.