Episode 63 "The Bond in the Boot" Part 2

Venus POV

We went to the location where the car has been found as we go under the yellow tape as an officer says to us, "The car's registered to a high-class rent-a-car service. It was leased using a corporate credit card Universal Exports. We're tracking them down now." We turn to see the car as Booth and I smile widely at the car as Booth says, "Wow. It is Bond's car, Bones, Blueberry." I nod as Temp and I start walking over to it. I go to the left side seeing something around the front of the car as I say, "Ranger?" "Yeah." "I see superficial lesions on the lateral and interior surface or as you can say scratch marks on the front bumper. Who would do this to such a car?" He nods, He then points to the right of the window, "And here, this shattered window proves that there was gunfire." The officer then says, "The ballistics guy dug the bullet out of the dash. Said it was fired from at least 500 feet away." I nod as Booth says, "So someone was staking him out, huh?" Temp then found something on the back of the car as she calls us, "Booth? Ven?" "Yeah." "I think the car is bleeding." Booth then says, "No, no, no. Bones, the car has oil. That's all."

I go to the back to see the puddle seeing that it was bleeding as I say, "No. This is blood." Booth nods as he asks for a crowbar. They hand it to him, "Thank you." He then pops the trunk open revealing a dead body as he says, "Whoa. Okay. That is gonna kill the Blue Book value." Temp then says, "The body is three to four days old. The heat in the trunk is causing the skin to liquefy." We watch as the skin starts peeling off from the face as Booth asks, "So, cause of death." "There's too much flesh." I add, "This is Cam's department." I then see something picking it up, "Look at this." Booth asks, "What you got there?" I raise a gun that has a silencer at the barrel as I say, "That is a Walther P.P.K." Booth adds, "It's Bond's gun." Temp sees something as she says, "Booth?" "Yeah." "I hate to admit this, but I think Sweets was right." She takes out an Id that is set out to be a part of the CIA as I sigh as she continues, "The victim was C.I.A." I then say, "Let's wrap everything up and get this body to the lab." Everybody nods doing their jobs.

We are at the lab examining the body properly as Cam tells Temp about Wendell as Temp then says, "It is unfortunate Mr. Bray is losing his scholarship. He's one of our best interns and quite deserving of financial assistance." I nod, "That's why I've been doing deep researching looking at every possibility that we have to offer him, so he doesn't have to leave. But I think I'm just going have to create a new scholarship and try to get months' work down to how long this case lasts." Cam nods as she then says, "No gunshot wounds." Temp then says, "There seems to be damage to the spine. The cartilage from L1 to L5 is torn." Angie then asks me, "How long does it usually take to make a scholarship?" "About 3-4 months. That depends on who I could get to sponsor it and how much they are willing to sponsor." She nods, "Can't you and Brennan just be the sponsor, since you both have a lot of money?" I nod about to answer as temp then says, "We support many different organizations... that provide food, housing and medical care for people in need. Should we withhold funds from them?" "No. No. But it's Wendell. He grew up with nothing. He worked at is whole life for this." Temp then says, "I try not to get attached to my assistants. I've learned that even the best ones can disappoint." I nod sadly as I then tell Angie, "Well as for me. I've already started putting some funds into it, it's just I need at least one other person to put the funds as well, to not make it seem like I'm favoring someone." Angie nods understandingly as Temp then says, "I notice that there was micro fracturing on the inside edges of the scapulae... as if they'd been rubbed together."

Hodgins then says, "Gunpowder residue on his hand. My bet- that Walther P.P.K. killed our Russian." Angie then asks, "But who killed James Bond?" "Whoever shot out his window on the roof." Cam then asks, "And where's the briefcase?" Angie adds, "And what's in the briefcase?" I nod as Hodgins says, "We're going down the rabbit hole here, people. The C.I.A has no problem silencing people that poke around in their business." I nod as Angie says, "I hate to break it to you, Jack, but you're the guy who studies bugs, slime, and poop. It's hardly assassination worthy." "Hey, a lot of people would like to see me dead." I nod looking at him, "Tell me about it. Same." He nods as we both give each other a understanding look as Angie looks between us, "I'm not gonna touch that one." Cam then asks Hodgins, "Can't you also put funds into the scholarship?" "After the crash, our trustees froze all assets... until they could reevaluate the portfolio." We then all looked at Angie as she says, "I pack my lunch. You guys ganna have to try." We then hear Wendell come up as he says startling us, "Excuse me, Dr. Brennan." We all looked at him as Hodgins says, "Hey, dude!" Cam then asks, "What are you doing here?" "Uh, Agent Booth is here to drive Dr. Brennan and Venus to Langley."