Episode 70 "The X in the File" Part 2

Venus POV

We waited for a bit as they answer and as I say to them, "Great, you're both there. We have some things to show you." They nod as Angie plays them the video. At the end they looked either shocked or confused as I then say, "So assuming that the figures in the hazmat suits are of average height, then this structure here must be about four to five meters tall." Booth then asks, "Why is the ground glowing?" "The light seems to be emitting from a spilled liquid." Booth suggests, "U.F.O. fuel." Temp says, "Uh... What are those two humanoid shapes there... between the hazmat-suited humans and the craft?" Angie then says, "Well, look, I'm gonna keep working on this footage, but you guys have to admit that this makes the hairs on your arm stand on end, right?" Temp then says, "The hairs on my arm are not reacting in any way. But thanks, Angela, Ven." I give them a little salute as Temp ends the call.

I go back with Hodgins as my test results should be done by now. I see what we got as he and I go over to the platform with Cam as he starts, "So the swab from the victim's damaged patellas... showed traces of sediment, but it's not cement." Cam asks, "So what hit her knees wasn't cinder block?" I shake my head, "No, the sediment is gypsum, dating back to the Pleistocene and Holocene eras. It's probably from the Tularosa or Estancia Basins." "Mexico?" I nod as Hodgins says, "Yeah. Northern Mexico is the closest occurrence of this rock. Now, here's an interesting conjunction possibility." I add, "The insecticide that she was soaked in, it's called Tres Pasitos. It's not available in the United States." "Is it available in Mexico?" Hodgins answers, "Readily." "Excellent." We go back down the platform as I say, "Now I am off back to Angie as she has some results with the information Wendell had provided her."

I make it to Angies workspace as she says to Wendell, "So I took the information that you gave me, and it looks as though the projectiles first impacted next to the juncture... between the frontal and parietal bones." She shows a representation on the glass screen as I then say, "So the bearings entered beneath her chin, then ricocheted around in her skull." They look at me as Angie says, "Yeah. That seems to make the most sense." Wendell then says, "But I've never heard of any projectiles that would enter at that range... and not fracture the skull." I nod trying to think of a possible explanation as Angie suggests, "Well, what about, like, slow-moving projectiles? Maybe a paintball gun?" I shake my head, "A little more powerful than that, but not much." I then see Wendell look at his watch as he smiles, "Time for lunch." I nod as Angie asks, "Is it to prove that you and Hodgins are all fine?" He nods as I say, "I'll meet you at the front." He nods leaving to put his lab coat away as we watch him leave. Once gone I sigh as Angie looks at me, "What's wrong?" "Wendell thinks that everything is fine with the two since Hodgins says so." "Ooh. Let me guess, you don't think it is?" I shake my head, "Nope. I know it isn't until Hodgins gets a bit of pay back. Well you know Hodgins." She nods, "I do... I wish you luck." I smile at her, "Thanks."

We are at the Diner eating with Hodgins who is sitting across from us. He looks at the both of us as I know that look all to well as he has come up with something as he then says, "You guys can hold hands if you want. Eat off each other's plates. I mean, any and all of that kind of gooey romanticism is completely fine by me." I nod, "We know, Hodgins." Wendell then says, "I'm not really the public display kind of guy." I nod adding, "I'm not one either, since you know how easily embarrassed, I get." "I'm just saying you don't need to be afraid or-" But he was quickly cut off and I was surprised as Wendell goes and kisses me in front of Hodgins. I don't mind his kisses but for some reason this felt more different. It just felt like he was trying to prove a point to Hodgins or doing it out of irritation. He kisses me for a bit longer as to make a statement and not out of love. He then moves back as I sit there not knowing what to say or think. Hodgins then says, "There. See? My head did not explode." It takes me a moment to gather my thoughts as I then say, "Um... I'm not really okay with being kissed when it's about me." Wendell looks at me, "Sorry. Panicked, but everything's fine, right? Everything's fine." We then see Sweets comes up to us noticing my displeasure as he says, "Everything's not fine." We look at him as he continues, "This is a fraught situation." He looks at Wendell and Hodgins, "It's important to face these things head-on. And involving her into it won't help whatever situation you two are in."