Chapter 7: A Little Celebration

The birds chirped in unison as the gentle breeze filled with the scent of various flowers blew all over the Haltea Great Forest. This was the scenery which greeted Grey every morning during the time he had spent in the forest.

More than two months had passed since the devastation of the village, and during those long days, Grey and Yuna had never been slacking in their training. In contrast, with each other's help, their training speed increased even more.

In light of the fight with the Magma Crawler, Grey had started learning more spells from other attributes and arts from different classes. Especially holy magic which contains spells that can heal people.

For Yuna, she was still focused on her main class and attribute, only learning tidbits of information about the other attributes and classes in her spare time as she observed Grey train.

The progress the two made over this course of time was something no normal people can imagine. Grey had reached B-rank just a couple of days ago, placing him amongst the top 500 people in Merusia. As for Yuna, she had reached E-rank in a little more than a month since her training, a growth speed second only to Grey.

Of course, they didn't only do training everyday, they also enjoyed their hobbies and relaxed from time to time. Otherwise, both of them would have collapsed from exhaustion, not that it didn't happen before.

"It's been seven months, huh..." [Grey]

Grey murmured quietly whilst looking at his makeshift calendar, reminiscing about the first day he arrived in Merusia.

Just like Earth, Merusia's year consists of 365 days, with each day consisting of 24 hours. The only difference was the division of months where Merusia had 13 months, unlike Earth which only had 12.

The 13 months are Garn, Methys, Marina, Adamas, Meraud, Alrek, Rubinus, Erido, Safir, Carnelion, Azos, Zirkon, and Anbar, listed from first to last. Each of the months, excluding Anbar, the last month, has exactly 28 days grouped into 4 weeks. As for Anbar, it has 29 days, just one more than the others.

In order, the 7 days of the week were Lunae, Marti, Mercurii, Jovis, Veneris, Saturni, and Solis, which if converted to Earth terms were Monday to Sunday respectively.

The day Grey arrived on Merusia was the 12th of Methys. Since then, it has been exactly seven and a half months. And in that time, he had completely transformed into another person.

"I wonder if that day will become my birthday..." [Grey]

Grey wondered, thinking if the day he arrived would become his birthday, and as he wondered, lightning struck him. He had completely forgotten to ask Yuna about one thing.

'Crap... Come to think of it, when is Yuna's birthday?' [Grey]

The two have already introduced themselves to one another a long time ago. They had also learnt a lot about each other from their daily lives. But never did Grey ask Yuna when her birthday was.

Slowly, Grey's head turned towards Yuna who was training outdoors. If it weren't for the daggers in her hands, Yuna would look like someone who was dancing along the melody of the forest.

Seeing the current Yuna, Grey couldn't believe that she was once the girl who had dull eyes just 3 months ago. It was then he once again realized how fast time flows.

"Hm? Do you need something, Grey?" [Yuna]

Yuna asked the moment she noticed Grey staring blankly by the windows.

"Ah, no Iー No, actually, I do have something to ask you." [Grey]

Grey hesitated at first if he should ask Yuna about her birthday, but after a moment of contemplation, he decided to continue. After all, a chance like this might not pass once again.