Chapter 150: Before the Wedding

Six little furballs running around the living room, hopping, rolling, and tumbling about without much care in the world. They were too adorable that unless one possessed a heart of iron and ice, they would immediately fall in love with them.

The furballs were none other than the familiars whose numbers just grew by two the other day. While they don't lick and yelp like normal pups do as it concerns their dignity as High Dragons, they were still adorable and fluffy nevertheless.

It has been two days since Vega and Capella joined the family, and after those two short days, they have fully adapted into their new lives. Of course, the other familiars also got along with them well... In fact, too well.

"E-Eldest Sister, h-help me...!" [Capella]

"Vega, stop bullying Capella or... is it that you want another scolding?" [Sirius]

"Geez~! Eldest Sister, I'm just playing with her!" [Vega]

But being the youngest amongst the familiars, they are treated like babies by the others. Especially Vega, she was the runt of the litter. The only one who could keep up with her energy was Kentaurus who was just as energetic.

Now that Polaris had gone back to Eliza, Sirius is now the eldest amongst the familiars, and so, she bore the responsibility of keeping them in check. Needless to say, it was quite an arduous task. Thankfully, the ever so thoughtful Arcturus was there to help her out.

"Now, now, everybody please behave properly. Don't cause too much trouble for Sirius. Why don't you come here and cuddle with me?" [Yuna]

"Yes!" [Vega]

"I'll race you first, Vega!" [Kentaurus]

At Yuna's words, Vega and Kentaurus quickly turned around and raised towards Yuna's embrace with their short legs. Unfortunately for them, the first one to arrive was Canopus. Despite being relatively normal, he was the most competitive amongst them. He was one who would take on a challenge fearlessly.

After Canopus, Kentaurus and Vega lunged themselves on Yuna's body as they indulged in her warmth. After them was the timid Capella, followed by the protective Arturus, and finally, their Eldest Sister, Sirius.

Seeing such a scene, Grey could only smile warmly as he relaxed himself on the couch parallel to where Yuna was. Though he also cuddles with the familiars, it isn't as often as Yuna. He could only chuckle to himself as he saw Yuna being drowned by fluffiness.

With the wedding preparations done and finished and Zeke's training still in the afternoon, Grey and Yuna have a lot of time to waste on their hands. They relaxed themselves away as they excitedly waited for the wedding which is bound tomorrow.

Knock Knock Knock

Just as they relaxed themselves on their own spots, a sudden knocking came from the other side of the door. They weren't expecting any visitors so they were a little bit puzzled about someone knocking.

"I'll go get it." [Grey]

"Un. Thank you." [Yuna]

Leaving Yuna in the comfort of the familiars, Grey headed towards the door. The moment he opened it, he was greeted by a familiar figure. Black hair and gold-colored eyes. It was tomorrow's groom-to-be, Kris.

"Hm? Mister Kris, did you have a fight with Miss Aria again?" [Grey]

"Hey...! Just what do you think of me? I'm just here to invite you to a hunt." [Kris]

"A hunt? Why so suddenly?" [Grey]

Asked Grey as he tilted his head. While there was nothing odd of an invitation, there was something about Kris' expression which puzzled Grey. While he looked calm at first glance, one would notice his calmness was a little forced.