Chapter 44: Fried Rice for a Brave Girl

《Water Blade!》 [Eliza]

With Eliza's voice resounding throughout the forest, a thin blade of water shot out from her hand and flew towards a group of slimes in front of her, who were also bouncing towards her.

The slimes' bodies which were as soft as jelly were cut without much resistance as the blade of water ruptured through them. Four slimes were killed in a quick second, dropping mana crystals as their corpses vanished into thin air.

It was the second day of Eliza's battle experience training, and with the amount of experience she has acquired the day before, fighting slimes have become easier than ever. She could now fight about 6 or 7 slimes simultaneously.

"Haah... Haah... Haah..." [Eliza]

Short rough breaths alternately came out of Eliza's mouth as she witnessed the last of her enemies disintegrate. With it, she has now completed two slime extermination quests by herself.

Watching over her were Grey and Yuna who were much more wary after the attempt on Eliza's life they experienced yesterday. Yet even with how much caution they were practicing, they made sure to not let the young girl notice. They wanted her to train without worry.

After the slimes were defeated, Eliza approached the locations where they were defeated and collected the dropped mana crystals. The amount she has collected was now enough for her to fill six pouches full.

"Good job, Liz! You've grown stronger again!" [Yuna]

"R-Really?!" [Eliza]

"Yuna's right. With the rate you're going, you should be able to reach G-rank in less than a month." [Grey]

"Hehe... It's because Elder Sister Yuna and Elder Brother Grey are the ones teaching me! I'm really happy that I became your student!" [Eliza]

A large cheerful smile bloomed on Eliza's face as she expressed her gratitude towards Grey and Yuna. It was a smile which bloomed brighter as bothe Grey and Yuna patter her head.

"Mmm... It's already this time, huh..." [Grey]

Grey pondered as he looked towards the sky, his hand providing shade to his eyes as he measured the position on the sun. Noon has already arrived.

"Should we have lunch now?" [Grey]

""Un!"" [Yuna and Eliza]

The two ladies raised their hands enthusiastically towards the sky as they excitedly answered Grey's question.

Grey had noticed it before, but as he witnessed it once again, he could now fully confirm that Eliza was becoming more and more like Yuna. Even their actions are starting to match one another.

Just like the day before, Grey took out a picnic blanket from his "Inventory" and laid it barely to the grass carpeted ground of the forest. The smell of the savoriness and warmth harmonized with the forest's scent as Grey took out the dishes one by one. All of which were still hot as they were stored in the "Inventory".

""Mmm~!!"" [Yuna and Eliza]

As they took a bite of their meals, both Yuna and Eliza made a satisfied smile which were identical to one another. It was yet another similarity Eliza has developed after observing Yuna.

Grey could only look at the two with warm eyes as they continued to wolf down on their meals. Surprisingly, Eliza was now able to catch up to Yuna's speed. Both of them were able to finish a plate in a minute or two.

"Grey, pudding please~" [Yuna]

"Ah, Elder Brother Grey, I would also like some!" [Eliza]

"Okay, okay, just make sure to finish your food first. I won't give you any if there's leftovers on your plates." [Grey]