Chapter 72: The Terror Named Vanessa

Chatter Clatter Bustle Rustle

The mornings in the capital were even livelier than those in Galderia. The sun had yet to rise and the people were already awake, preparing to start yet another day. And with the ring of the first bell, the day has officially started.

After their breakfast, Grey and Yuna left the Aldridge mansion to complete what they weren't able to do yesterday. The both of them are heading to the Adventurers' Guild to process the completion of their escort quest.

They have yet to see the royal capital's guild, thanks to Veronica's instructions, they were able to find it without much trouble. And just like they expected, the capital's guild was on another level than the one in Galderia.

Just by rough estimate alone, the capital's guild was already thrice the size of the one in Galderia. And as what one would expect from a massive building, when they went inside, they were greeted by a large number of adventurers, and along them, were the busy noises as the guild operated.

In order to accommodate the large number of adventurers, the guild building was built with three floors, with both the first and second floors solely made for the quests and quest items processing. The top floor is only for paperwork and secretarial works.

Luckily for Grey and Yuna, it wasn't the busy hour in the guild and they were able to get to the reception counters pretty easily. It was a massive help that there were many receptionists around, otherwise, it would have taken them much longer.

"Excuse me, we would like to process the completion of this quest." [Grey]

"Of course." [Receptionist]

Grey handed the letter to the receptionist, and after receiving it, she quickly took a look at it. The moment she had read its contents, her eyes opened widely in shock as she looked at the letter and the two back and forth.

It was a reaction that Yuna and Grey have seen countless times, but they can't say that they've gotten used to it. It was even more uncomfortable when the others around them became intrigued by the receptionist's reaction.

"P-Please wait a moment." [Receptionist]

After politely bowing her head to Grey and Yuna, the receptionist quickly left and headed to the third floor where the Guildmaster's office was located. Her face was full of urgency as she held tightly to the letter.

A few moments later, the receptionist walked down the stairs with a man who seemed to be a high-ranking staff member. He looked like he was in his early twenties, but when Grey appraised him...

-----------------------------------

【Salferine】

【Name】Velzier
【Race】Half Human, Half Elf
【Sex】Male
【Age】49
【Status】Healthy

【Mana Capacity】1,110    【Mana Quality】C
【Combat Power】1,334    【Threat Level】B
【Attribute】Fire                 【Magic Proficiency】High (52%)
【Class】Ravager              【Weapon Proficiency】High (54%)
【Physical Enhancement】57%

【Ability】『Quick Burst (2☆)』

-----------------------------------

... it couldn't have been any further from the truth. He was someone who could already be a grandfather with the way Merusia works. Someone who would catch the envy of many women.

It was also the first time Grey had seen a hybrid from two races. Though he wanted to attribute his young looks with his elf blood, he knew full well that it doesn't work like that in Merusia.