Chapter 176: Winter Wonderland!

The sky was blue, the sun climbing slowly to its peak, patches of white and gray to be seen, and the flock of birds flying ever so freely. It was a normal day... Well, it would have been normal if there weren't two platinum streaks bolting across such blueness.

Two massive figures darted across the vast blue sky, spreading their beautiful pairs of wings ever so freely and letting their eyes shine with such beauty. The very moment the skylight hits them, the glow is even brighter than the sun itself. They were just too eye-catching.

It wasn't just the sly which has changed. The scenery below has also gradually started to shift. From browns and greens which covered most of what could be seen, colors if black and white started to fill the ground the more they headed north. Not only that, the air was starting to get cold as well.

"Grey, how long will it be before we reach the Kosalvier?" [Julius]

"It won't be long. If everything goes right, we should arrive before noon." [Grey]

"That's awfully quick, isn't itー" [Julius]

"Waah~! Snow!" [Yuna]

Julius couldn't even finish his words, when a squeal suddenly resounded behind Grey. And despite them being high in the sky, the very origin of the scream jumped up and down without regard for her safety, not a trace of fear in her face.

One, five, thirty seven, up until it reached thousands. Snowflakes started to fall in front of everyone the more they zoomed towards the north. It wasn't a snowstorm or anything dangerous, just a simple, beautiful snowfall, filling the lands with gray and white.

It wasn't the first time Yuna had seen snow, she had done so many times over as she used magic over and over again. But seeing it occur naturally, she couldn't help but be mesmerized from their beauty. It was simply breathtaking.

"How beautiful..." [Amelia]

"So this is what winter is like, huh..." [Julius]

Even the usually energetic Julius simply stopped whatever he was doing to admire the wonderful spectacle. It was out of character for him, but who could blame him? When seeing such a scene unfold, it was inevitable for one to stop and admire.

It was especially true since it was the first time all of them had seen such a scene. Even Grey who has lived two lives has only seen such sights on the television. Although he doesn't show it much, he was also in awe, mesmerized even.

Although Alfrione, being a tropical country, was also beautiful in its own rights, there was just a different allure in snowy countries. Well, they would probably get used to it after a while, maybe even get annoyed by the snow, but for now, they were enjoying such a beautiful sight to the fullest.

There wasn't only snow-covered ground. There was also a frozen lake and frozen river unfolding in the scenery below. Adding to that is a couple of forests, evergreen and unbothered by the freezing snow.

"Everyone, do you want to go down and play?" [Grey]

"Eh? Would that be alright?" [Amelia]

"Of course. A day or two of playing won't affect us too much. Just think of it as if we are starting our sightseeing right now." [Grey]

It was a hard to refuse offer with two opposing choices. Although they wanted to hurry up and get to their destination city, they also wanted to let loose while they still could. It would be hard to get the full experience with many eyes around, after all. It was the only chance they had.

"Agh! Dammit! Let's just go and let loose!" [Julius]

"Un! I also want to play around!" [Yuna]