Chapter 63: Back at Moterno

"W-Who goes there?!" [Soldier 1]

A loud shout echoed throughout the labyrinth and the sky as the soldier, along with his colleagues raised their guards and pointed their weapons towards the labyrinth's entrance as they heard the subtle sound of footsteps echoing in the air.

After a day of traversing the labyrinth, Yuna and Grey were finally out of the labyrinth. It was late afternoon, but the first thing that greeted them wasn't the gentle sunlight nor the rustling of the leaves, rather, they were sharp iron swords pointed towards them by the soldiers.

The labyrinth was already dark after a day of inactivation. It was only normal for the soldiers to be alerted because as far as they knew, all participants had already gone out. After all, even before the labyrinth became inactive, it was officially closed from entry about two days ago.

"Sorry for startling you. We're just adventurers who happened to get lost while heading out of the labyrinth." [Grey]

Of course, that was a lie, but Grey would rather say that than tell them the truth. It would be troublesome if they found out that the reason why Grey and Yuna came out late was because we came all the way from the 9th floor.

Hearing Grey's reasoning, the soldiers quickly relaxed and retracted their spears. Well, they were relaxed until one of them figured out the identities of the two young folks before them.

"On the behalf of the soldiers, I apologize for our rude conduct, Your Excellencies! Please forgive our insolence!" [Soldier 2]

Seeing their colleague bow his head, the remaining soldiers followed suit. The first one to bow down was one of Eliza's escorts who was present when Grey and Yuna saved her.

It has been more than a month since Grey and Yuna heard such lines, but both of them didn't miss them at all. All they could remember was how annoying it was to deal with the formalities.

"Please raise your heads, we don't really mind it. Rather, it's good to see that you are doing your jobs well." [Grey]

"W-We don't deserve such praise. Like Your Excellency said, we were just doing our jobs so it's really nothing special." [Soldier]

"Then keep up the good work. We'll be heading out now." [Grey]

"Bye~." [Yuna]

After the soldiers did a final bow, Yuna and Grey headed back to Moterno. Anticipation was welling up in their hearts as it has been a while. In particular, they were looking forward to how much Eliza has grown.

But on the way there, Grey couldn't help glancing at Yuna from time to time. He was a little intrigued that Yuna had returned to her usual character before they started dating. He couldn't help but feel a little downhearted.

"Is there something wrong, Grey?" [Yuna]

"Not really... I'm just a little sad that you aren't holding my hand anymore." [Grey]

Grey said teasingly as he glanced at Yuna, but the latter took it a little seriously. Yuna suddenly halted her steps, making Grey stop too.

Grey was about to become worried that his joke was a little too much, but out of nowhere, Yuna hugged him tightly, burying her face on Grey's chest. Rather than flustered, Grey felt more confused to say the least.

"Umm... Yunaー" [Grey]

"Dummy. That's because it's embarrassing to do it in public. Also... you're the only one I want to see that side of me..." [Yuna]

It was only at that moment that Grey's heart started to pound like mad. He wanted to kiss his adorable girlfriend so badly, but held himself back as they were still in broad daylight. He restricted himself to only patting Yuna's head gently.