Chapter 57: Zero Progress

The warm and gentle light from the morning seeped through the windows of the mansion, giving warmth to the cold stone walls as peace and quiet enveloped the whole manor. It was a pleasant day.

"Ugh... " [Grey]

Yet despite how pleasant the morning was, Grey couldn't help himself from letting out a low groan. He was starting the day with a troublesome headache which he got from the lack of sleep.

He was not able to sleep peacefully because of his failed attempt at confessing to Yuna. Because of it, he despaired throughout the whole night as the vivid embarrassing memory kept repeating itself inside his mind.

Even when he was an S-ranker, he still couldn't escape suffering from a headache. Thankfully, he knew how to use recovery magic, and so, he wouldn't need to suffer a headache throughout the whole day.

《Cure》 [Grey]

Slowly, Grey's headache disappeared as if it was all a dream. And thanks to being a high-ranker, he felt more comfortable and energetic even when he had not gotten a single wink of sleep the whole night.

Click

Coincidentally, the moment Grey went out of his room, Yuna was also locking hers. Seeing her face so early in the morning made Grey remember what happened before. Thankfully, he was able to suppress cringing.

"Morning, Yuna." [Grey]

"Uwaah~. Good morning..." [Yuna]

Yuna responded to Grey's greeting with an adorable little yawn. Although not as much as Grey, Yuna also had a hard time sleeping through the night as she reflected on Aria's advice.

'...It's better to regret something than regret not doing it...'

Whilst Yuna was locking her door, a certain person's words echoed throughout Grey's mind. It was Kris' voice which was trying to remind Grey to confess to Yuna right at that moment.

It might be because there wasn't anybody or because Grey was mesmerized by Yuna's figure as she basked in the sunlight, but at that moment, Grey felt like he could actually pull it off.

"Yuna, listen... I have something to tell you." [Grey]

Ba-dump Ba-dump Ba-dump

Once again, Grey's heart raced like a galloping horse as he braced himself to confess. Seeing Yuna's innocent and still sleepy face, it raced even faster like a mad engine of a sports car.

"Hm? What is it?" [Yuna]

"Umm... Iー" [Grey]

"Lord Gre~y!" [Rhodes]

But Grey didn't even have the chance to say even half of his words. Out of nowhere, Rhodes' booming voice echoed throughout the corridors as he rushed towards Grey. He was almost out of breath but still did his best.

Due to Rhodes' sudden interruption, Grey's momentum died off and yet another failed attempt was added to his tally. Though he really couldn't blame Rhodes as the man did so without bearing any ill will.

"Is something wrong, Mister Rhodes?" [Grey]

"Lord Grey, I have created a dish with the use of tomato sauce! I want you to be the first one to have a taste!" [Rhodes]

Rhodes declared enthusiastically with eyes dazzling brighter than the sun itself. He was clearly excited to show off his new creation to Grey who he looks up to as a great cook.

"Oh, Lady Yuna! Please come as well!" [Rhodes]

"Un, sure." [Yuna]

"Then I'll be preparing your portions. Please head towards the kitchen late, I'll be waiting for you two!" [Rhodes]