Chapter 160: The Church of Namel

The morning was young and so was the bright blue sky. Clouds filled such vast blueness with life along with the birds flying freely in the air, free of restraints and soaring high and low as they should. It was the start of a new day.

A few days have passed since Grey settled the deal with Gallen Village's Chief and as they have agreed on, they headed to the Merchants' Guild to settle everything. It was just like Grey had expected. He was buried with work and was questioned by the Guildmaster for hours.

It also didn't help when the Chief found out who Grey really was. Thankfully, he didn't change his attitude and only asked for a simple autograph. Needless to say, it was a tiring yet productive day.

The days after that, Grey and Yuna enjoyed their usual lifestyles. They took quests, practiced blacksmithing and alchemy, enjoyed their hobbies, and of course, spent time with one another, playing games, eating together, and cuddling. It was a peaceful series of days.

Chatter Chatter Chatter

Yet in such a peaceful morning, the loud and noisy chattering of the crowd could be heard overlapping everywhere. It was not even the market but in front of the church, yet such noise could still be observed.

"There sure are a lot of people, huh..." [Grey]

"Un... Would everything be alright?" [Yuna]

The reason was pretty simple. It was because Grey and Yuna, who were not any less famous than celebrities, were in front of the said church. People who were excited to see them gathered around, hence the sudden noisiness.

Grey wanted to have an audience with the priest to ask questions regarding the essence of creation, aether, and corruption that Leif couldn't answer. And since it was an audience that they needed, it was better to do it with the influence as heroes.

The two had already expected that it would cause a little bit of commotion nearby, but they didn't think it would be this much. The people were like fans who were waiting for their idols to arrive in a concert.

"Then, shall we head inside? More and more people are gathering by the moment. I'm afraid of what becomes of this crowd..." [Grey]

"Un. I think so too..." [Yuna]

Ignoring the crowd who stared at them, Grey and Yuna walked inside the church's premises beside one another. But their destination was not the same, they split up left and right as soon as they were in front of the main building.

Yuna headed to the nearby building, the orphanage, whilst Grey continued heading inside the main building, the massive doors welcoming him as soon as he arrived in front of it. It was not less than amazing.

Creaaakkkk

The doors opened and a heavy and lengthy creak resounded in the air. The inside of the church was even more amazing than what was outside. Even more amazing and awe-inspiring than those he had seen back on earth.

Light passing through the large side windows and seats lined up left, right, and center, creating a large array of seats for devotees to pray and converse to God. And at the far center, behind the altar was a large statue of a man who held a scale on one hand and a sword on the other.

"So this is how you look, huh..." [Grey]

The statue was none other than a recreation of the God Grey had met. He only heard his voice and hadn't seen his face so he didn't know how accurate the statue was. It was entirely possible that it wasn't even close to what God really looked like.

Grey drew closer to the statue, and when he did, he noticed intricate details carved on the statue's body. They were high-level runes which are of the highest difficulty in enchanting that even he has not fully grasped.