Chapter 174: Record Clear!

Rumble Rumble Rumble

The ground quaked and danced with the rising of the morning sun. But there was no chirping of birds nor rustling of streams to be heard, only the clanging of metals and lashing of whips and vines as fights ensued across the dungeon.

It was only a little over 7 o'clock in the morning, but Julius and Amelia were already in a tight spot, their bodies sweating as they tread between life and death, narrowly dodging the enemies' attacks and their stamina being leeched off at a constant rate.

Meanwhile, as the two of them struggled, the other two characters only sat nearby, drinking hot chocolate milk on their own whilst also eating some sweet, fragrant cookies, undisturbed by the scene of their friends struggling desperately.

"Here, Yuna, ahh~!" [Grey]

"Ahh~!" [Yuna]

Now that Julius and Amelia were focused on the opponents in front of them, the two were now flirting out in the open. Well, they were still restraining themselves, but their actions are enough to warrant the jealousy of many, especially those who are single.

Golems, treants, and high orcs. Such were the enemies Julius and Amelia faced. They couldn't even stand around and rest even if they wanted to, otherwise, their movements would be restrained by the treants' roots.

It was fortunate that even if they were of the same rank, they are about two or three times stronger. It would have been a problem since the enemies outnumbered them five folds. They were also annoying since they didn't give them time to separate the enemies and destroy them one by one.

"Tsk! If that's what you want, then so be it!" [Julius]

Infuriated, Julius gave up on separating the enemies. Instead, he gathered them all in one spot. Every time one of them loses interest in him, he would quickly wound them to regain their attention. It was a simple yet effective strategy.

As for Amelia, she only remained still, or rather, she was preparing to cast a strong spell. Julius hasn't instructed her of anything, she just knew after performing dozens of quests together with him in the past few months.

"Amelia, now!" [Julius]

The preparations were complete. All the monsters have been gathered into a single side of the room. Julius quickly took a step back, utilizing his great physical strength to create a large distance in just a matter of seconds.

《Burst Flare!》 [Amelia]

At Amelia's call, flames roared and soared towards the enemies, devouring what was served in front of it like a starving lion. The heat was enough to turn wood into cinders in just a moment's notice, not leaving behind a breathing soul.

The lesser golems may not have been affected too much, but the same couldn't be said for the others. The high orcs received large burns, their screams bursting echoing all over the halls, while the treants were completely turned to charcoal. With it, the tides of the battle had shifted.

With the enemies still puzzled by the attack, Julius didn't let the opportunity slip by and rushed back towards them the very moment the flames died down. He then gripped her spear with all his might, charging towards the lesser golems.

《Howling Cleaver!》 [Julius]

Julius stopped on his tracks, planting his foot to the ground aggressively, and in a single breath, he brandished his spear sideways, a burst of wind running wildly as soon as the attack finished, a howl echoing soon after.

Thud Thud Thud

Soon after, a couple loud thuds echoed in the air as the lesser golems' bodies fell to the dungeon ground. They were all cut perfectly, not a single flaw to be seen. The moment their bodies fell, they were already lifeless.