Chapter 177: The City of Kosalvier (pt. I)

The sky was blue and white, patches of black to be seen as birds of all colors flew along the sky's vastness. The ground which would normally be brown and green was now all white, thick layers of snow to be seen all over the place as the cold breeze howled relentlessly.

Yet in such cold weather, hundreds upon hundreds of people huddled up, or rather, lined up, creating a slithering band which stretched a couple hundred meters. All the carriages, horses, and people waiting to get inside the city in front of them.

"Wow... It could even rival the capital's..." [Julius]

"Not to mention the snow too... I must be difficult for them..." [Amelia]

Comments came flying left and right from Julius and Amelia as they watched the long line before them. They had just exited a nearby forest and dismounted the familiars. Now, they would also be lining up along the people in front.

"Alright, let's get going thー Waah!" [Julius]

Julius was about to head straight towards the city when a certain hand grabbed the collar of his coat from behind, making him slip and fall. The owner of the hand was none other than Grey who was now looking at the former with contempt in his eyes.

"Oi, you bastard! What was that for?!" [Julius]

"I should be the one asking you that? What do you think you're doing when we agreed on using our alternate identities?" [Grey]

"Ah, right... I completely forgot..." [Julius]

A punch-worthy expression plastered on his face, Julius was basically asking to get hurt. The group had already reviewed their plans just recently and he already forgot them. If it weren't for the fact that he was a prince and they were friends, Grey would have given him a serious beating already.

Like a robot performing its tasks, Julius simply stood up, patted away the snow on his clothes, and lined up property after everyone else. It was as if nothing just happened. He was completely back to his thoughtless, easy-going self.

The plan was simple. It was just to use their alternate identities to enter the city, not stand out, participate in the Labyrinth of Flames, and go home. With those four things in mind, they lined up peacefully, chatting merrily amongst themselves.

Time passed and more snow gathered in the vicinity. If it weren't for the workers sweeping the snow constantly, even the highway would have been buried in thick, white snow. Such scenes continued to pass as people moved along slowly.

"Dammit... I really miss the royal carriage..." [Julius]

"Stop whining. You sound like a spoiled child." [Grey]

"Shut up..." [Julius]

Julius grumbling about the long line, time continued to flow and more and more people entered the city. Strangely enough, even when a lot of people have gone in, the length of the line still stayed the same. It really was worth being called the queen city of the north.

"Your ID cards, please."

After more than half an hour of waiting, it was finally their turn. It was nothing too complicated. They simply handed their cards, the guards inspected it, and they were given entry to the city.

No matter how much they've seen it, it really was amazing. Not only do their alternate cards protect their identities, it also works internationally. They don't even need to have them reissued for each and every country, only one is enough. Magic is amazing!

"Welcome to the city of Kosalvier!"

"Dear customers, would you like to buy some bread?"

"We have hot coffee here! Hot coffee for cheap!