Chapter 91: Finally, Cacao!

The sun had already set and the streets were getting more and more quiet as time passed. It was already past 7 o'clock, and that was the scenery Grey and Yuna experienced while going back to the Aldridge Mansion.

Because of Vanessa, not just pudding but the two were also forced to make pizza and smoothies for everyone. Thankfully, it was fairly easy and they had the help of Carlton who was well versed in culinary arts.

Grey was also thankful that Yuna was a quick learner. In just a short span of time, she had already mastered how to cook the dishes she didn't even know existed. Otherwise, everything would have been a bit harder for Grey to perform.

By the time Grey and Yuna arrived at the mansion, there were barely any people left walking in the streets. As for the people inside the mansion, they have already finished with dinner and are spending their time leisurely.

"We're ba~ck." [Grey]

"Oh, welcome back, Grey, Yuna. I heard from Art that you were summoned to the castle. Did His Majesty want something from you?" [Veronica]

"Nothing really, His Majesty just wanted to ask if they could serve pudding as a dessert at the after party. Actually, if it wasn't for Big Sis Vanessa, we could have gotten home a lot earlier." [Grey]

"Un... Big Sis Vanessa forced us to cook more and more. Though her cookies are really delicious..." [Yuna]

Replied Yuna with conflicting emotions in her heart. While she was a little exhausted from Vanessa's random demands, she was also happy to eat the cookies the latter made. Especially since she baked more kinds as Grey and Yuna were cooking.

"Well, Lady Vanessa really has that sort of personality, but by no means she is a bad person. She's just too energetic...?" [Veronica]

Veronica nodded as if she tried to convince herself with her own words. Although she was sincere when she said those words, she felt like the word "energetic" was an understatement but decided to leave it at that.

But by no means Veronica was wrong. Though it had something to do with her being a B-ranker, even when she is pregnant, she still  boasts the same amount of energy as Eliza and Galvin. She's even more playful to boot!

"Speaking of Big Sis Vanessa, Missus Veronica, did you know she was a great baker? Apparently, she's one of the best in the kingdom." [Yuna]

"Oh, yes! She's a very exceptional baker! Actually, whenever there's an important celebration, like a royalty's birthday or the founding festival, His Majesty would always ask her to bake a large cake, and it tastes really amazing!" [Veronica]

"Waah~ Big Sis Vanessa is amazing..." [Yuna]

Even though they had already tasted her creations and heard it directly from the King that she was one of the best, Grey and Yuna still found it hard to believe that that was the case. They just couldn't comprehend how it came to be.

To be able to bake pastries for such important events is the best proof there was of Vanessa's skills. Not even the best chefs are given the honor to. It is more than impressive that she manages to do so even when she is also acting as a Lt. General in the military.

Well, as Galderia's adventurer's guild's motto goes, one shouldn't judge a book by its cover, especially if you're in a strange world called Merusia. A world where a noble lady was a troublemaker, a Lt. General, and a top baker at the same time.

"By the way, Missus Veronica, where are the children?" [Grey]

"Well, it seems that Art and Vin had too much fun from playing that by the time they were back here, they were already struggling to keep their eyes open. After dinner, I had them sleep in their rooms." [Veronica]