Chapter 158: Escort and Subjugation

The morning sun has climbed the sky once again and the darkness of the night has perished. It was a new day and with it, the familiar hustling and bustling melody of the city had started to play once again, orchestrated by the first bell.

If one were to rank the busiest parts of the city, it would be the market, the plaza, the main streets, and the areas around the five guilds. Of course, with the mention of guilds, the Adventurers' Guild would surely come to mind as adventurers fight over the quests they wanted to take.

With the guild's first come, first serve basis, the early morning is one of their busiest times. Even a single minute is precious so that one could take their quests. Being late meant they could lose their chance on getting a good quest. Diligence was a matter of success, failure, and profits.

"Larren, Nonna, good to see you hear." [Grey]

"Ah, Yuna, Grey... Good morning..." [Nonna]

"Yo, morning!" [Larren]

Of course, Larren and Nonna aren't an exception to such a situation. Especially since they have only been adventurers for less than a year. Especially after climbing up to G-rank, the competition over quests only became fiercer.

It has been a few days since Grey and Yuna returned to Galderia, and with their insane clearing speed, all the high-ranking quests of D-rank and above have been taken care of. Now, their spare time could be enjoyed more leisurely.

It was also the reason why they could come in late and take any quests they wanted. It didn't matter to them what kind of quest it was or how much the rewards are. As long as they're enjoyable, they'll take it.

"Looking for a quest?" [Grey]

"Ah, yes, but you see... Only a handful is remaining." [Nonna]

Unfortunately for Larren and Nonna, the competition today was much fiercer than usual. Even when the two of them arrived early, the other adventurers still managed to take the good ones with high rewards, only leaving behind the troublesome ones.

The only ones which remained on the quest boards are escort quests which needed many adventurers, herb gathering quests which required knowledge on herbs, and subjugation quests which contained troublesome enemies. There wasn't much of a choice left for them.

Amongst the quests, there was one Larren and Nonna were particularly interested in. Unfortunately, they don't meet the requirements required to take the said quest. It has quite the hefty reward, too. It was truly unfortunate.

"Hmm... Larren, Nonna, do you want to take this quest?" [Yuna]

"Yes, but sadly, it needs four people to participate..." [Nonna]

"Then, should we help you?" [Yuna]

"Eh?" [Nonna]

It wasn't just Nonna, Larren was also bewildered by Yuna's suggestion. The quest was only a G-rank one and figures who are considered heroes are offering their help in such a trivial matter. It was an overkill. Everyone would be puzzled.

"Wait, wait, wait! Yuna, is it really alright with you? The rewards aren't that high, you know? Only a couple bronze coins!" [Larren]

"Th-That's right. Plus, is it really alright for heroes such as yourselves to take this quest? I-It's only G-rank." [Nonna]

"Fufufu, what does this have to do with our status? It seems enjoyable, so we want to take it. Right, Grey?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, it's fine with me too. We're done with our quests anyways." [Grey]