Chapter 163: Master Blacksmith

The fires roared and soared, illuminating the place and devouring the darkness. The amber and crimson lights dominated all which could be seen, only a single figure standing firm and unfazed in front of such heat and intensity.

Clang Clang Clang

The sounds of metal clashing with one another reverberated in the air along the tiny sparks fluttering freely, extinguished from existence in just a matter of seconds, such was the short lives of such beautiful sparks.

Each strike was filled with power to crush boulders into mere rubble. Yet despite the loudness, one could hear a harmonious melody between the crackling fire and the consistent strikes which shaped the metals. It was a glorious scene where man conquered the almighty flames.

It has been a few days since Kris and Aria returned, and since then, a lot of things have happened. For one, Grey's merchant rank has increased from bronze to silver. Another thing was that Yuna reached tier 4 in blacksmithing whilst bonding with Grey. A lot of progress was made.

Clang Clang Clang

The sounds continued to resound, getting clearer and clearer with each strike. Grey's eyes didn't falter a single bit, focused on each of his strikes and distributing the force evenly and tempering the blade carefully, utilizing his eyes to the fullest.

'No... Still not enough...' [Grey]

But despite how graceful Grey looked, his face was still full of dissatisfaction. But despite the swirling negative emotions in his heart, he continued to remain calm, reigning in his emotions and using it as fuel to motivate himself.

CLANG

Another strike connected to the metal, but despite how loud it was, Grey felt a sense of calmness after hearing it as if all his troubles were swept away. A strong yet gentle surge of mana was poured into the metal consistently, not only shaping it but altering its very nature.

CLANG CLANG CLANG

The strikes continued connecting to the metal at different spots, getting louder and louder, faster and faster, and clearer and clearer with every passing second. The metal also changed considerably since Grey first started. It was now thinner, lighter, more compact, and full of mana.

Fwisshhhhh

After finishing the blade, what was next was grinding, polishing and attaching the decorative pieces on the sword. After all, a higher-grade sword should not only be strong and sturdy, but also beautiful.

Time passed, sweat dripped towards the ground, and rough breathing filled the air. With each passing second, Grey's body started to tire out, but his determination was stronger. He did not succumb to his exhaustion and continued persisting.

"Huff... Huff... Huff... I'm finally finished... Huff... Huff..." [Grey]

His eyes filled with exhaustion and excitement, sweat trickling down his forehead, and his rough breathing creating steam in the workshop, Grey proudly raised the sword to the air, taking a good look at it.

It was a crimson longsword with a jet black border and golden crystals embedded. There was a scaly pattern on its grip and scabbard with a number of decorative runes embedded on it. Of course, Grey's star crest was also carved to mark that it was his creation. It was a beautiful sword.

"Well, it's time to see the truth..." [Grey]

A lengthy sigh came out of Grey's mouth as he loosened the tension on his shoulders and calmed himself down. He was nervous, but also excited at the same time. He could barely stop his handsー No, his whole body from trembling.