Chapter 168: The Whims of Vanessa (pt. II)

Clap Clap Clap

A cacophony of applause echoed loudly throughout the whole theater as the actors bowed their heads. Everyone was happy, some having tears on the corner of their eyes. The play really deserved the title of being one of the kingdom's best.

With the end of the play, the people poured out of the theater one after another until the theater was like a deserted establishment. The only ones who remained were the staff who cleaned up after the customers and a group of five special guests sitting in the royal chambers.

"Did you enjoy the play, Princess Natalia?"  [Vanessa]

"Um! Enshoy!"  [Natalia]

But rather than the play, what everyone enjoyed the most was the little princess' reactions. They knew full well she understood close to nothing about what the play was about, but still enjoyed her reactions nonetheless. She was just too adorable.

Still, there was a certain problem that they had to think about. It was how they would be exiting the theater. With the warm reception from before, they were almost certain that a lot of people would be waiting for them outside. It was a headache.

"Haah... Yuna, I'll be leaving everything to you."  [Grey]

"Un! Leave it to me!"  [Yuna]

Thankfully, they have the girl with the best concealment ability in the whole world. With a quick explanation to the other three, everyone quickly understood the plan. Well, the little princess was just imitating the others and also nodded her head.

It also helped that Vanessa knew of Yuna's ability when they escaped from the raid. With it, they were able to quickly explain it to the Princess Royal. Iris, who was usually calm, was greatly amazed by Yuna's ability, her eyes sparkling.

"Then, Baron Landers, we'll be leaving now. We had a great time!"  [Vanessa]

"A-Ah, wait! Your High... ness... es...? Huh...?"  [Baron Landers]

Dumbfounded. The Baron was at a loss for words as he opened the room. Even though he just heard Vanessa's voice not long ago, there was no one to be seen around. He was scratching his head out of confusion.

Well, in reality, they really haven't gone too far away. Everyone was just near the entrance, only veiled in Yuna's "Nihility". Vanessa was having the most fun, giggling to herself as she enjoyed the Baron's confused reaction.

"Amazing... He really can't see us..."  [Iris]

"Amayshing!"  [Natalia]

The one most amazed was none other than Iris, the little princess imitating her like a little parrot. Such an amazed reaction remained on her face even after they exited the theater. Not a single person was able to notice them exiting even when there were hundreds of them.

Everyone was so focused on the exit that they didn't even notice the royal carriage's door opening. It was flawless. Everyone managed to get inside the carriage without any problem. Not even the coachman realized they had returned.

"To the Filastra mansion, please."  [Vanessa]

"Y-Yes!"  [Coachman]

The coachman was very startled after hearing Vanessa's voice out of the blue. A confused expression on his face, he whipped the horses and had the horses start moving. Every single person near the theater was puzzled as to how Vanessa and company got inside the carriage.

The little princess looking outside the window excitedly, the royal carriage moved steadily towards the Filastra mansion. Well, Iris was also the same. She was just better at hiding her expressions.