Chapter 117: Smithing and Alchemy (pt. I)

Darkness as far as the eyes can see. All were asleep but the moon and stars in the sky, showering down gentle light across the lands. Birds of all kinds and critters of all shapes and sizes roamed the sky and forests as if they were kings. It was a deep and silent night.

The colors of crimson and amber emanated as the fires crackled. They could be seen like tiny grains of sand in a desert, far and few in between, yet illuminating each home and providing each family with warmth.

"Are you sure you won't be staying over for the night? It's already quite late, you know?" [Klaus]

"No, we can't impose on you any further, Chief. Besides, there are some people waiting for us. They might get worried." [Grey]

"Well... I suppose that's true..." [Klaus]

A few hours have passed since the little feast Grey and Yuna attended at the Feros village and they have now returned back to the Balta village. With it, their escort quest has finally been completed.

Due to the unforeseen events Grey and Yuna attended, a lot of time had passed and it was almost midnight. While legal curfews don't exist in Galderia, it was still very late. Especially with the presence of beasts and monsters. It was very dangerous.

"Then I hope you can drop by for some tea next time. I'll make sure to brew you another good one." [Klaus]

"Hahaha, then we'll be looking forward to it." [Grey]

"Goodbye, Chief~! And goodnight!" [Yuna]

"Yes, yes, good night as well." [Klaus]

The Chief waved his hand slowly as he saw off Grey and Yuna. It didn't take too long before their silhouettes slowly faded into the darkness. Once again, silence has returned to the night.

With no peering eyes, Grey and Yuna didn't mind the surroundings too much and ran at high speeds. The cold and gentle night breeze caressed their skins as they went about their ways.

"By the way, Yuna... When I was smithing, how did I look like?" [Grey]

On the middle of their journey, Grey asked a strange question with a conflicted expression on his face. While he wasn't exactly gloomy, his expressions weren't bright either, as if he was in deep thought.

"How did you look like...? Do you mean your expressions?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, that." [Grey]

"Well... You looked serious and focused... That and... you looked like you were enjoying yourself." [Yuna]

Yuna's words rang clearly inside Grey's ears. The latter already knew the answer deep inside yet wanted to ask Yuna what she really thought. The conflicting emotions he once had were now gone.

While he was smithing, an overwhelming joy surged inside Grey's heart. He was like a child who had just found his passion. With each strike, the happiness inside his heart only bloomed larger. Just like Yuna said, he was enjoying it.

Although Grey enjoys adventuring, it has become repetitive after months of doing it. It was the reason why he loves cooking. It was a hobby which breaks his daily routine of adventuring. Now, he found yet another hobby to spice up his way of life.

"Yuna, I've thought about it... About adventuring... Will you hear me out?" [Grey]

"Un! I'm all ears!" [Yuna]

An energetic reply came out of Yuna's mouth as she beamed a bright smile towards Grey. It was only at this moment that he once again realized how fortunate he was to have such a considerate and thoughtful partner and girlfriend.