Chapter 186: Mega Flood (pt. II)

The gentle starlight shining upon the lowly ground, illuminating the night and bringing life into a sky of darkness. The wind blowing ever so softly on the cratered battlefield, shining upon the knights of death whose eyes continued to burn ablaze.

There were only a couple dozen enemies left, but they were only the strongest of the strong, each and every one capable of wiping out thousands of soldiers with ease. They were fearless monsters whose mind is only set on destroying those who stand on their paths.

Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh

Bursts of wind dominated the battlefield as the enemies charged towards the five figures in front of them, their swords pointed towards them, not a single ounce of hesitation to be seen as they bolted through the sky.

The Skeleton Vangirs and Skeleton Wyverns opened their mouths, light gathering into blinding spheres of blue and white. A boom soon echoed one after another as beams rained down from the sky like shower of stars. A rain of destruction.

"To dare and bare your fangs against me... How impudent!" [Polaris]

A deep, resonant voice reverberated throughout the vast battlefield as the platinum dragon opened his mouth in response, the light of the moon and stars being sucked into an domineering vortex, fierce golden light gleaming ever so brightly, glowing brighter and brighter with the passing of time.

Responding in kind, a destructive, golden beam shone light upon the battlefield. The beams which rained down upon were erased without a trace along with the ones who attacked, incinerating them without leaving a single trace behind.

Some managed to survive the attack. They were the Skeleton Kings who rode upon their similarly terrifying Skeleton Wyverns. But so as it may be, their bodies were now in tatters, barely retaining their shape, cracks and fractures all over their bodies as they helplessly fell towards the ground.

"Amazing..." [Levin]

Those who witnessed the attack couldn't help but stand in shock as they witnessed the beauty of destruction, judgement brought down upon the knights of death, their existence erased as if they were nothing but horrid nightmares.

The enemies they struggled so hard with... Gone without a single trace. Sylvia and Levin could only stand in awe as they tried to comprehend what just happened, their eyes fixated on the platinum dragon before them.

'Crazy... Just crazy...' [Fizzel]

Even Fizzel who knew beforehand that Polaris was Calamity-Class was also shocked at such a display. He could only smile wryly, a cold chill running down his spine as he tried to calm himself down.

Still, even with its army almost destroyed, the Skeleton Tyrant didn't make a single move, only flying in the air ever so calmly, the black flames in its eye sockets unfazed as he continued watching, not a particular emotion blooming inside it.

"Mmn... It seems like the boss is only observing..." [Yuna]

"It sure is a wary one... But that's a good thing for us. We can get some time out of this as long as we move wisely." [Grey]

Of course, everyone also observed the enemies in kind. As the Skeleton Kings got back on their feet, their eyes locked towards the platinum dragon who caused them much pain. There was rage, only resolve to take the latter down,

RUMBLLEEE

The Skeleton Tyrant raised its hands and the ground quaked violently, tremors sent out in all directions and a storm of darkness brewing upon them, filling the land with dark and gloomy mist, swallowing it whole.