Chapter 113: Home, Once Again

Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp

The sun had once again risen across the horizon, bringing forth a new day. The birds danced along the wind with the scent of grasses and flowers wafting through the air, flowing gently like creeks streaming down the rivers, into the open sea.

Clouds moved leisurely across the vast sky, painting the azure canvas with patches of white and gray. The sunlight, blessing the sleeping lands with its majesty, urging all creatures to greet a new day.

"Mhmm~!" [Yuna]

Basked and embraced by the sun's gentle rays, Yuna stretched her arms towards the ceiling as she rubbed her eyes like a little kitten. It has become a daily habit to greet the new morning with such gestures.

Yuna looked around, to the left and to the right, yet saw no one. The person who she was looking for was not in sight. She felt a little lonely, waking up all alone, but she wasn't worried because she knew where Grey was.

Stretching her arms once more, Yuna moved away the blanket covering her body and rose from the bed, heading towards the closet and grabbed herself a new change of clothes. She then looked at the mirror, fixing her bedhead a little bit.

Ring Ring Ring

A familiar tune played in the air as Yuna fixed her disheveled hair. She looked at the desk where the noise was coming from, spotting a peculiar object with her eyes. It was the phone Grey had made a few days ago.

"Hello, Yuna here." [Yuna]

「Ah, Elder Sister Yuna, good morning!」 [Eliza]

As Yuna picked up the phone, a familiar voice replied, with clear traces of happiness in her voice. It was Eliza who had been calling Grey and Yuna every single morning since she received her present.

It has been a couple of days since Eliza's birthday, and before they went home, Grey explained to the people involved how to operate the phone. He had made a total of three phones. One for Eliza, one for Elise, one for Elaine, and one for him and Yuna to use.

While it was made for Eliza, in reality, it was actually a shared phone to be brought to the Landevar residence back at Moterno. It was to be used not only by Eliza, but Fritz as well. The same thing could be the same for the one in Elise's possession. It was for her and their mother, Eleanora, to use.

Like the ones on Earth, each phone had a specific ID or phone number. Since there were only a handful of them around, it was only a 4-digit number, which still does the job very well.

Of course, Grey made sure to tell everyone involved to keep it a secret as much as possible. Well, not that anyone else could make them other than Grey. Still, Grey made sure to not miss such an important point.

After learning how to use the phone, Eliza has been calling Grey and Yuna on a daily basis. Although they have communicated through Polaris before. The novelty of hearing each other's voice over long distances was what made Eliza excited every single time she made a call.

"Good morning, Liz. Do you need something?" [Yuna]

「N-No... I just want to hear Elder Sister Yuna's and Elder Brother Grey's voices. I heard you were going back already, so...」 [Eliza]

"Fufufu, don't be too sad. If you ever feel lonely, you can just call whenever you want. Me and Grey will always be there for you." [Yuna]

「Okay...」 [Eliza]

There was a tinge of sadness on Eliza's voice as she replied to Yuna. Although she wanted to spend more time with them, she didn't want to be selfish.

Just as Eliza had said, Grey and Yuna had already received the rewards from the subjugation of the flock. They received quite the hefty sum, totalling more than 230 million kiels, not including the amount of meat they got. It was mind-boggling.