Chapter 50: Welcoming the Knights

"Huwaaaahhhh~" [Grey]

A new morning has arrived yet again, and like how Grey always did, he once again greeted it with a light stretching of his arms along with a barely audible yet lengthy yawn.

Yesterday, Fritz had successfully arrested Algerio, and along with Gabal, several other accomplices were arrested as well, and the Goldstone company was brought to ruins in just a single night.

After the arrest, the innocent servants in Algerio's household were freed from their work contracts, and are now being helped out by Fritz to find new jobs so that they can still continue to earn a living.

A gift had also arrived from Argas just before the arrest. Even when Grey had told him to not fret over it, he still went ahead and showered Grey with presents. Most of which were various pastries which Grey took a liking upon. Yuna and Eliza were also delighted by Argas' presents.

There was also the time where Grey saw Yuna with makeup on. Even when it was just a light application, Yuna looked very different. Just remembering about it again was enough to make his heart race like mad.

As Grey recollected the events that had happened the day before, he felt like sleeping in the very comfortable bed once again. Although his body wasn't really tired, the same thing couldn't be said to his mind.

Bang Bang Bang

"Elder Brother Grey, hurry up! I wanna eat already!" [Eliza]

Just as Grey was about to sprawl leisurely in the comfortable bed, a loud banging echoed throughout the room. The perpetrator was none other than Eliza who was excited for breakfast.

As the days passed by, Eliza has become more attached to Grey and Yuna as if they really were her older siblings. With their bonds deepening, Eliza has also become less restrained towards the two. She started to act more spoiled towards them.

Well, neither Grey nor Yuna minded Eliza's personality. Even when she acts spoiled from time to time, she still knows her limits and tries her hardest to be considerate to them. She also doesn't complain no matter how hard the training is.

"Just wait a minute! I'm still preparing myself!" [Grey]

A few minutes later, Grey walked out of the room and headed to the kitchen with Eliza, where she enthusiastically watched him cook breakfast with Rhodes and the other chefs.

Yuna was also there, cooking her own dish. But she didn't try to get close to where Grey was. She didn't want to look at him as she could still remember Grey's flustered face, making her heart beat like crazy. The two were experiencing the same thing, but they didn't know that.

Upon finishing his dish for the day, Grey left the kitchen and took a quick bath to refresh himself. The moment he soaked in the bath, the fatigue inside his mind quickly washed away as if it wasn't even there to begin with.

"Haah... Bathing really is great." [Grey]

Grey heaved a low breath as he continued to enjoy the hot bath. Especially when it was such a large bath and he was the only one there. It was like he was the king of the bath.

After the bath, Grey wore a change of clothes and then joined everyone in breakfast, wherein only Eliza looked like the one who wasn't tired. But even though they were tired, everybody still ate their meals heartily.

Grey had almost finished with my meal when suddenly, he  remembered something important that he forgot to ask Fritz yesterday.

"Oh right, Fritz. Now that Algerio has been arrested, are our jobs finished?" [Grey]