Chapter 192: The 10th Floor

Clop Clop Clop

The world was full of silence, only a couple sounds to be heard. Along the sound of footsteps, there was the bubbling of lava and the crackling of flames. The fiery and hot atmosphere about the Labyrinth of Flames continued to burn.

As Grey descended the stairs, the temperature only rose much higher. It was to the point that water would boil the instant they drop towards the ground litter with veins and patches of lava, sparks and fire particles flying through the air.

Thankfully, Grey possessed the Divine Amulet. With it and his high resistance as an S-ranker, the heat was more or less bearable. There wasn't a single bullet of swear to be seen trickling down his face. The only thing to be seen are expectant eyes full of excitement and curiosity,

Boom Boom Blub Blub Crackle Crackle

It was beautiful. The moment Grey stepped foot into the 10th floor, his feet quickly stopped on their own. His eyes gazed upon the distance, shining ever so brightly as his mouth hung open in astonishment and mesmerization. He was frozen.

The lava glowed like gold and amber, fierce like the eyes of a dragon. The flames burnt ablaze, strong and ferociously like predators which can devour the sun. Lava geysers erupted from time to time like small volcanoes as the ground quaked. It was a land of black and red. A fiery paradise.

"Master, are you alright?" [Polaris]

"A-Ah, yeah... I'm just a little taken aback. I'm fine now." [Grey]

Well, it may look cool for a moment. But it was still a land of death. They may be few in numbers but large monsters still roamed the place wielding massive weapons and equipped with bodies tougher than any metal. They were all monsters in the truest sense, all at least at Calamity-Class.

Grey had already peeked at the 10th floor in the Labyrinth of Death before. Even then, he never ceased to be amazed by how many powerful enemies there are in sight. His hands started to tremble at the sight of them.

The nearest enemy was an Ogre of Massacre, a Calamity-Class monster whose battle prowess does not lose out to any monster. A single cleave is enough for it to completely wipe out cities of the map. A monster which has destroyed countless regions and countries throughout history.

'Hooh... Alright, let's do this.' [Grey]

But Grey didn't let such a monster shake his goal. He breathed in and out in a slow and regular manner, steeling his resolve and calming his heart. A short moment after, he quickly activated his "Authority", a fierce burst of wind howling proudly.

Authority... The third and final type of aura only those who have reached "Advanced" mastery can utilize. Aura which, rather than pressure enemy, would improve the user in various ways and even affect the surroundings.

For mages, there is "Elemental Aura" which not only boosts the spells greatly, but also allows the user to have greater control over the elements in the surroundings just like how Grey did when he saved the dying guards during the tree of life incident, moving the wind as if it was extensions of his body.

Meanwhile, warriors possess "Martial Aura". Just like the former, it also enhances the strength of the art. Not only that, it also augments the physical body and the user's equipment, to the point one could rival those stronger than them if used properly.

But the Authority doesn't come without any costs. It has the strange nature about it that if one needs to double the power, 4 times more mana is drained. If one wants to triple, then 9 times, then 16 times to increase power by four folds, and so on and so forth. A power-up which eats away mana like a starving wolf.