Chapter 61: Five Stars

The sun has risen with the start of a new day. The birds are chirping, the towns are bustling, and the animals of the forest hopped on the ground and on canopies of large trees.

But deep down in the dimly lit labyrinth, there was no rising sun to be seen nor chirping of birds to be heard. In fact, there was no way to tell the time other than relying on one's body clock,

"Fuwaahhh~" [Yuna]

Just like in her everyday life, Yuna greeted the morning with an adorable yawn akin to that of a small animal. Her eyes were still sleepy and her luscious silver hair was still disheveled from sleeping in her tent.

As she rubbed her eyes and went out of her tent, the first thing that greeted her was the sound of metal cookwares clanging and clacking. Just a few meters away from her was Grey who was already cooking breakfast.

When Grey noticed the still sleepy young lady, he then put down the pan and spatula, decreased the heat of the fire, and approached Yuna gently with a warm and gentle smile about his face.

"Good morning." [Grey]

With no warning whatsoever, Grey gently kissed Yuna's forehead as a greeting to a new morning. The recipient of the sudden kiss was immediately woken up and became alert.

"G-Grey?!" [Yuna]

"Hm? What's wrong?" [Grey]

"Wh... Why did you kiss me?" [Yuna]

"Huh? Do I need a reason to kiss my cute girlfriend?" [Grey]

"N-No... No, you don't..." [Yuna]

As Grey tilted his head in a teasing way, Yuna answered meekly with her voice barely audible. Inside her heart, an overwhelming and unstoppable surge of happiness was spreading like wildfire.

"Girlfriend"... That one word echoed throughout Yuna's mind as she listened to Grey's words. She had been in love with Grey for years already and the situation yesterday has yet to settle in. She still felt that everything was a dream.

Of course, along with the realization that everything that occurred was actually real, the memories of the first kiss they shared together also came flashing inside her mind. It made her blush profusely, just about as red as yesterday.

"Alright, then go have a bath first. We'll have breakfast after you finish." [Grey]

Heeding Grey's words and at the same time, trying to hide her embarrassment, Yuna immediately went back to her tent, grabbed a new set of clothes, and went away to the corner of the stairs.

While it is called "stairs", it isn't the same as the stairs within buildings which consist of steps. It is a gentle slope which slowly spirals to the next floor. Some are straight, some spirals, and some even zigzags.

There are also a lot of flat surfaces in the stairs where Grey and Yuna rested for the night. And while they could just clean themselves with magic, there are times where they want to take a bath. Today was one of those times.

The bath they made was simple, they just erect solid walls to create a room, then hollow out and flatten the ground, making sure everything was solidified. After that, they just add water and heat it for a nice and refreshing hot bath.

While Grey does possess "Heaven's Eye", he never used it to peep on Yuna. He wasn't a pervert who would do such a thing to women, especially when it came to the woman he loves.

After taking her bath and changing into a new set of clothes, Yuna now looked like her usual self. She looked like a prim and proper lady, with the only difference being that she wore adventurer clothing.