Chapter 25: An Ominous Orb

Meat, fish, fruits... Various odors filled the air as a cacophony of shouts and bantering accompanied them. Some were fresh, some were smoky, while some were close to indescribable. These were the odors one would smell upon going to the market.

After Grey returned, the lives of the two returned to normalcy as they continued with their daily routines. They completed quests, cooked foods, and enjoyed their leisure time. Life was smooth sailing for them.

In order to protect Yuna, Grey still hasn't mentioned the things he talked about with the Guildmaster and he will continue doing so until the time comes. But even when he had resolved himself, the fact that he was lying to Yuna was still bothering him.

It has been about a month since Grey and Yuna arrived at Galderia, and currently, the two are going around the market and buying ingredients and necessities that they need.

"We sure bought a lot." [Yuna]

"Yeah..." [Grey]

"What's wrong? You sound tired." [Yuna]

"Well, it's just that... condiments really are expensive, aren't they?" [Grey]

Unlike on Earth where everyone has access to many types of condiments, here in Merusia, some condiments like black pepper are something only rich merchants and nobles can afford.

The condiments alone cost them about a silver coin or 1,000 kiels! It was money that would take an average family about a week to save up, without spending any money. Just thinking about how expensive it was made Grey's head hurt.

It made Grey appreciate the blessings of the forest once again. Even if the ingredients were far and few in between, at least all of them are free. One only needs to replant them and they can harvest once again.

"That's true... With that amount, I could eat more than a hundred skewers." [Yuna]

To Yuna's comment, Grey didn't know how to respond. He knew that Yuna loves eating, but he didn't think she would equate money to how much food she could eat.

But even then, Grey was still happy seeing Yuna happy while thinking about skewers. Her ears were even moving up and down along with her happy expression. Grey could only imagine what she was daydreaming about.

"Kyaaa! Help!" [???]

As Grey was enjoying Yuna's expressions, a sudden scream from the alleyways made him and Yuna stop on their tracks.

"Grey, did you hear that?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, sounds like someone's in trouble" [Grey]

Without wasting any breath, Yuna and Grey ran towards the direction of the scream and tried to find its source, skillfully maneuvering themselves in the market which was bustling with people.

While running towards the source, Grey quickly stored everything they bought in the "Inventory" and activated his armament rings, making gauntlets appear and be equipped in his fists. Yuna followed suit and also equipped her daggers.

The moment the two arrived at the source of the scream, they saw three people. Two men and a woman. One of the men was lying on the ground, bleeding, while the other was holding a knife covered in blood, currently harassing the woman.

Just with a single glance, it was easy to see who were the victims and who was the attacker. Even children will know who they should stay away from in this situation.

Seeing an evil aura with his "Judgement", Grey quickly zoomed towards the man with the dagger, instantly covering the distance between them. And without any hesitation, he then delivered a punch to his torso.