Chapter 196: Your Are...?!

Clop Clop Clop

In a room enveloped by an eerie darkness, the sound of footsteps echoed all over the place, slowly and steadily. The air was stagnant, unmoving, not a single whoosh to be heard, only the barely audible breathing of a single man.

The pebbles flew and rolled as he kicked them around, his eyes swimming left and right as he hummed to himself in a room veiled with the curtain called darkness. It was as if he was just taking a leisurely stroll in a park, his eyes full of curiosity .

"The Divine Poison sure did a number on this place, huh..." [Grey]

Grey commented as he looked at the deep scars left in the ground. Well, it wasn't just the ground. If one were to look at the walls around and the ceiling above, they were also in the same state, corroded by a dangerous poison which devoured everything like a starving beast,

In fact, it was so powerful that not even the drops of the boss were spared. Billions upon billions worth of kiels was turned to scrap due to Autopilot's decisions. Just thinking about it was enough to make Grey's heart shiver in pain.

Though Autopilot moves towards the goal as efficiently as possible, it would also do anything and everything to achieve it.  Be it sacrificing allies, items, or even doing ridiculous actions, it would do it unless it would risk Grey's life. Of course, using the Divine Amulet was also a part of its calculations.

Thankfully, Grey still has a spare Divine Amulet which can still use "Phoenix Heart". Still, he found it wasteful using such an ability when he could have just escaped. It was the very reason why Grey never wanted to use Autopilot.

"Haah... I should really fight on my own next time..." [Grey]

Heaving a lengthy sigh, Grey continued walking, unfazed by the barren and repetitive sight, when out of the blue, he suddenly halted his steps. His head tilted up, scaling the massive and heavy structure in front of him.

It was a pair of massive doors, colored white and gold, and covered with a myriad of jewels. Looming about it was an aura of extremed grandiosity and luxury that not even the doors of the royal castle could compare to. It was a complete opposite of the entrance from before.

"I wonder how Yuna would react if she sees this..." [Grey]

But even with such a grand entrance in front of him, the one who remained in his mind was none other than Yuna. It has been far too long since he saw her. Now, no matter what he does, she suddenly appears in his mind. Just another lovesick idiot who longs for his beloved.

Thunk Clunk Clunk Creaaakkkkk

Heavy mechanical sounds thundered all over the silent room as soon as Grey poured his mana towards the giant doors, a lengthy creak soon followed after as he doors started opening on their own.

The room which was once shrouded in eerie darkness was quickly swallowed by the light as soon as the doors opened, not too intense yet not too mild, just enough to make one stand frozen in awe and astonishment.

Treasures, treasures, and even more treasures. No matter which side or corner of the room one looked, there was a mountain of treasures to be seen. Grey hasn't even set foot inside the treasure room, yet he was already greeted by a gold-tinted scenery.

Jewels and precious metals all over the ground, a mountain of coins and crystals here and there, ridiculous equipment ranging from swords, accessories, and even things Grey hasn't seen before. The atmosphere was so sparkly, it was blinding.

Snap Snap Snap

Lights flashed one after another as soon as Grey entered the scene. Before he even noticed it, his hands already grabbed the camera from his "Inventory" and started snapping photos one after another.