Chapter 139: The Tree of Life

Chirp Chirp Chirp

In the forest green, lush, and clean, the chirping and tweeting of various birds and critters could be heard echoing throughout the blue sky with the rising of the sun. A new morning has started yet again.

Despite the thickness of the canopies and the high density groves, the forest and the village within were not dark at all. The gentle sunlight seeped from the forest's rooves, caressing the solid ground and illuminating the vast surroundings. Shade and light, both in harmony.

After yesterday's events, Grey and Yuna had dinner with Aria's family. Even then, when they were the guests, they did not sit idly and also helped out in preparing and cooking, even using the meat they had just procured a couple hours before.

The dinner after was a happy one. The dining table was full of smiles and laughter as the night continued. There was only one person clouded with gloom, and that person was none other than Kris who had just gotten a long scolding from Aria.

Not only miss the booze he so wanted, Aria also found out about his mischief. It has been a long time since Aria scolded him like so, and he couldn't say he was pleased about it. He didn't want to relive such tragic memories.

After dinner. Falroe guided Grey and Yuna to the house they were going to stay at. It was not in any way as large as their home in Galderia, but it was a comfortable size and they couldn't find any fault with it. It was warm and cozy. There was nothing they could complain about.

Of course, as Yuna promised yesterday, she was the one who prepared breakfast for the two of them. It must have been because of her dedication but she managed to wake up much earlier than usual. Needless to say, Grey was extremely happy,

"Oh! Good morning Mister Grey, Miss Yuna. Did you have a good night?" [Nestor]

Just as they walked around the village, on the way to Aria's residence, Grey and Yuna were greeted by a familiar figure. It wasn't only Nestor, the other guard, Alto, was also with hom. They are once again patrolling the village.

"Good morning too, Mister Nestor, Mister Alto. And yes, we did have a wonderful night. It was relaxing." [Yuna]

"Yuna's right. It has been some time since we've slept in a comfortable bed. A good sleep really does heal one's fatigues." [Grey]

"Hahaha, that's good to hear... By the way, where are the two of you heading right now? Are you going to the market?" [Nestor]

"Hmm... That would be hard, isn't it? It's still quite early. There should only be a few stalls open this time..." [Alto]

Commented Alto, following Nestor's words. He was showing signs of concern as he scratched his cheeks. If it was yesterday, Grey and Yuna would have found his actions strange. Thankfully, they learnt a few things about the village from Falroe when they were having dinner the night before.

Unlike normal villages, Malus is a special case. While it is still a part of the Kingdom of Ingrasia, with it being located deep in the forest, it's basically its own independent settlement. In fact, not many people even in the same territory knew that the Malus village even exists.

The Malus village is also quite large despite being only called a village. While normal villages have at least 200 people, averaging at double that amount, Malus village has a population reaching well over two thousand people.

Being isolated from the outside world, the economy inside the village also works a little differently. While they do use kiels when some merchants happen to pass by, people usually barter for goods with one another. This is the reason why many families have farms of their own, bartering in their specialized goods.

YLTESCIA: A Reincarnator's Tale in the Lands of Merusiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें