Chapter 77: A Chance Encounter

"Whoa~ the hobgoblin can't even hit her!"

"She's going to get full points!"

"Does anyone know her?"

Cheers of astonishment and excitement echoed throughout the whole carnival. The source of such commotion was the entrance where a large gathering of people from all ages could be spotted. Just by a single glance, there were at least 50 heads.

It was already almost sunset yet the cheers of the crowd weren't letting down. Rather, they get louder from time to time like the waves along the shoreline. It was noisy yet strangely amusing.

"What's happening there?" [Yuna]

"Someone's probably doing very well on a game. Wanna check it out?" [Grey]

"Un." [Yuna]

Driven by curiosity, Yuna and Grey joined the gathering and also watched how the game unfolded. Contrary to their expectations, it wasn't a simple game. It was one which made Grey realize once again that he was in a different world.

It was a game wherein a summoner will summon a creature that the player has to defeat. Thankfully, the summoner has full control of the creature, ensuring the safety of the crowd. The summon was a hobgoblin, a G-rank monster.

As for the girl that was participating in the game, she was quite young, about the same as Grey and Yuna. All one needs was a single glance on her movements to tell that she was a student of the Royal Academy.

But there was one thing which intrigued Grey the most. It wasn't that she was good for her age or the fact that she was a beauty, but rather, her facial structure and blonde hair resembled someone he knew.

"She looks familiar..." [Yuna]

It wasn't only Grey. Yuna also had the same thoughts as she adorably tilted her head and scrutinized her as she tried to figure out who the girl was. There was just something about the girl which drew their attention, though they couldn't quite point it out

《Appraー [Grey]

"The hobgoblin is down!"

"Woohoo!"

"That girl is amazing!"

As the summoner declared the girl's victory, the crowd cheered for her loudly and happily. Some even raised their hands. blocking Grey's view of the girl and making it impossible to appraise her.

By the time the crowd cleared, the girl was already gone, and not just her, Yuna was also gone. Grey didn't even notice her leaving his side. She really was worthy of the nickname "Phantom".

"Seriously, where has that girl gone to..." [Grey]

All Grey could do was blame his lack of awareness. He was so caught up with trying to appraise the girl that he lost sight of his girlfriend. Not that it was a problem for him to find her, after all, even if he doesn't use his "Heaven's Eye", Yuna easily stands out from the crowd.

Activating his "Heaven's Eye", Grey scanned the whole carnival as he tried to locate Yuna. When he did, strangely enough, she was with the girl from before. They have already become acquainted with each other.

Grey tried to check again and again if he was seeing things, but that was not the case at all. All he could do was head to where Yuna was and hear everything directly from her.

"Yuna, I've been looking for you. Don't just disappear so suddenly." [Grey]

"Sorry, I just got too curious about Elise that I started following her before I even noticed. Sorry for worrying you." [Yuna]