Chapter 190: The Labyrinth of Flames

"Hey Grey, are you sure about this?" [Julius]

"Of course. There's nothing to worry about." [Grey]

"I don't know... Is this really necessary?" [Julius]

The voices of two young men filled the air as they chatted with each other. The air was fresh, the wind was cool, the sky was blue, and the fields were as green as one can be, full of life and vitality. It was a warm sunny day.

There were just two things off about the situation. First, they were still in the cold and snowy north. And second, the landscape was not endless. If one looks over the far horizon, it would seem like the world is suddenly cut off. No thick fog nor expansive landmasses to be seen.

The reason was simple. It was because they weren't in Merusia. Well, to be specific, they were inside Grey's "Sanctuary". The place was filled with endless rice paddies and crop lands. A beautiful area of green, brown, and vibrant colors.

It has already been a couple of days since the day of the flood and today, a special day is upon them. It is the day the Labyrinth of Flames would be opening. An event which excites the adventurer blood flowing inside of them. Though for now... they are also engaging in an interesting argument...

"Just how many times do I have to tell you? We're responsible for your safety. I would be a problem if something were to happen to you and Amelia." [Grey]

"Un! Grey's right! His Majesty and Duke Redlocke will surely scold us! So please behave and stay here until the time's right!" [Yuna]

"Haah... Fine, fine, you win! I'll stay!" [Julius]

"Fufufu, then I'll also be staying here." [Amelia]

In the end, Julius' protests were useless. With both Grey and Yuna urging him to stay inside, there was only so much he could do. He couldn't even use his identity as a prince against them. It was a complete defeat.

Well, it wasn't like there was anything to complain about. Other than the wonderful scenery, there was also a canopy tent for shade equipped with chairs, couches, and a couple useful furniture and appliances. Of course, there was also flooring easily made using earth magic.

Save for the resting area, The refrigerator was also stuffed to the brim with easy to heat food, desserts, snacks, and drinks. There were also games available. One could literally call it a luxurious way to camp inside the clean and green sanctuary.

"Still, isn't this too troublesome for the both of you? We could just head to the 4th floor ourselves." [Julius]

"Hmm? But we're not heading to the 4th floor, though... We're going to the 9th floor, you know?" [Yuna]

"Ah, I see... The 9th floor, huhー" [Julius]

Julius stopped, his eyes full of confusion and mind filled with question marks. He then reexamined what he just heard, analyzing carefully whether what he heard was just his imagination getting the better of him. And when he understood what he heard...

"Huh?! The 9th floor?! What do you mean the 9th floor?! That's a floor full of S-rank and Calamity-Class monsters! Are you telling us to die?!" [Julius]

"His Highness is right. Isn't that a little too dangerous?" [Amelia]

A noisy outburst came echoing all throughout the place as Julius expressed his disbelief and heavy opposition about the matter, barking loudly like a rabid dog. Amelia was also in disagreement, only a little dangerous.

Well, his reaction was only understandable. Don't mention camping there for a whole month, even staying there for a single day was something only those crazy enough would do. Even Fizzel who was an S-ranker doesn't dare risk his life and only trains in the 8th floor where S-rank monsters occasionally spawn.