Chapter 43: Slime Hunt

"Waah~ so many!" [Eliza]

An excited voice filled with amazement echoed throughout the Adventurers' Guild as a little child looked at the quest boards with eyes full of curiosity and enthusiasm.

The aforementioned little child was Eliza and she was currently in the guild with Grey and Yuna escorting her. They were there to pick a quest suitable for Eliza's training so she could get stronger.

It has already been a couple of days since Eliza started training and she was already incomparable to the girl she was before she started training. She was now able to use the most basic of sword arts along with basic water magic.

Of course, they just couldn't leave her training all to lessons alone, Eliza needed practical experience which is why they are currently in the guild. They were looking at H-rank quests even rookie adventurers could handle.

Eliza also needed to learn the dangers of the world. It was a point neither Grey nor Yuna would compromise. They didn't want Eliza to get overconfident and end up in a dangerous situation.

"Hey, isn't that the Grim Reaper and his partner?"

"I heard that they were able to exterminate an orc horde in just a few hours"

"If you don't want to end up like Boros, don't cross them."

"They say if you look at them in the eye, you will have nightmares for days."

But as the three were choosing a quest, they couldn't help but overhear the rumors spreading around the guild about them. Even Eliza whose hearing isn't as fine tuned as Grey and Yuna could perfectly hear their voices.

It has already been about two weeks since Grey knocked out a drunkard with his aura alone yet the flames of the rumors have yet to die out. It was mostly because of the arrival of new adventurers. The ones who witnessed it before wanted to warn the newcomers about crossing the line with Grey and Yuna.

"Elder Brother Grey, what is a Grim Reaper...?" [Eliza]

Eliza asked with an innocent face as she heard a term she was unfamiliar with. Her eyes were so innocent Grey could feel his heart clenching as he agonized about his nickname.

Grey wanted to change the topic but Eliza's eyes and innocence make it hard for him to do so. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, unsure if he should honestly answer a child's innocent question.

"It's Grey's nickname. Cool, isn't it?" [Yuna]

"Waah~ Elder Brother Grey is amazing!" [Eliza]

Well, before Grey could decide what to do, Yuna already chose an option for him. She was sincerely fascinated about Grey's nickname, and so was Eliza once she had learnt what it meant.

Grey wanted to refute but he had no way of doing it. He knew full well that Yuna didn't mean any harm and neither did Eliza. There was also the fact that he was now aware of his feelings for Yuna. It was his complete defeat.

"Umm…. how about this one?" [Grey]

Grey pointed upon a quest just within the corner of his eyes, and the two girls' attention was shifted towards it immediately. It was Grey's last effort to stop the conversation from derailing even further.

"The monsters are just slimes so it would be easy even for Liz, and the location is also just at a nearby woods. On top of that, the reward is pretty generous, considering that it's an H-rank quest." [Grey]

Grey explained briefly the contents of the quest and Eliza listened carefully to him. Yuna was also listening carefully but she didn't say any comments. She knew full well what Grey was trying to do.