Chapter 35: The Town of Moterno

Warm light basked the city as the sun rose for yet another day. It was a normal day where the children frolic around the town, the merchants sell their merchandise, and the soldiers patrolled the streets. It was also the day of Grey and Yuna's departure.

"Here, Grey. These are some of the dishes me and Gerd cooked this morning. They're still hot so be careful in carrying them." [Selia]

"Thank you, Missis Selia. I'm sure it will be delicious." [Grey]

Currently, Grey and Yuna are being set off by Helen and her family. While Grey received Gerd and Selia's packed lunch, Yuna was consoling Helen whose eyes were overflowing with tears.

Although Helen understood that the two will be returning back after a month or two, she still couldn't stop herself from crying. She was like a little child whose best friend is going to go abroad.

With a final hug from Yuna, Helen's tears finally started to slow down. She wiped away her tears with her hands and showed a bittersweet smile to Yuna and then Grey afterwards.

"You better come back here once you're finished, understood?" [Helen]

"Yeah, yeah. It's not like we'll be going to another continent or something." [Grey]

"Don't worry, we'll try to come back as fast as we can." [Yuna]

"I see... Then... Dear customers, I hope you enjoyed your stay at the 'Rabbit's Den'! Our doors are always open for your return!" [Helen]

With a smile on her face, Helen finally regained her composure. She even had the energy to set off Grey and Yuna as she usually does to other customers.

"Then, we'll be going now... Until next time!" [Grey]

"Bye~!" [Yuna]

"Take care~! Make sure to eat well!!" [Selia]

"Let's have another cook-off next time!" [Gerd]

As Grey and Yuna waved their goodbyes to Helen and her family, they slowly vanished into the horizon until they were nowhere to be seen, leaving behind the family of three to go about their daily lives.

About 20 minutes later, the two were finally out of Galderia. They were greeted by a familiar scenery of verdant fields and a long winding road. There were only a few man-made structures in sight.

"So Grey, which direction are we heading?" [Yuna]

"Umm... We are heading to the town of Moterno, so that will be... eastward. But we won't be taking the highway. This time, we'll go by the forest." [Grey]

Normally, it would take 5 days by carriage on the highway to arrive from Galderia to Moterno, but if by taking the forest route, the process can be sped up as much as Grey and Yuna's stamina allows and shorten the travel time to a few hours.

Of course, it would have taken even shorter on the highway, but if they use their speed on it, the horses pulling the carriages might be startled and cause an accident. It was something they definitely needed to avoid.

"Then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" [Yuna]

"Yeah." [Grey]

With a cheerful smile, Grey and Yuna set off and started their journey towards the town of Moterno. Since they were using the forest route, there was no need to be reserved and they ran without restraint.

And just like their first journey, they were able to encounter some monsters along the way, but they were all no match to them. Of course, it also meant they dropped some things worth selling.