Chapter 125: To Each Other's Differences

The morning was young and the first bell had just rang. The horses neighed proudly as they pulled their carriages, smoke columns rose high with the workers starting their work, and the sounds of people bargaining at the market. The day began just like how it usually does.

In a certain street, located was a well-known inn. It was the "Rabbit's Den" where Gerd and family resided and did their business. And unlike last time, there were no more crowds in front of its doors. Everything has returned to normal.

It has been almost a week since Grey and Yuna left the inn. Ever since then, things have never been the same again. Although they have experienced them leaving time and time again, this time, knowing that they won't ever stay at the inn, it felt different. It became lonely.

"Haah... I miss them already." [Helen]

Sighed Helen, her eyes looking distant as she stared at the door. She was sitting behind the reception desk, waiting for a customer to come in. Her eyes were lifeless and uninterested as one can be.

Cling Cling Cling

The doors creaked as it opened, accompanied by the sound of bell chimes gently flowing by the wind. Helen heaved another sigh as she tried to greet another customer with a smile on her face.

"Ah, good morning. Welcoー Eh?! Yuna?!" [Helen]

As of answering her wishes, Yuna arrived at the inn, but not quite in the way she expected. The latter's eyes were bursting with tears and her expression was nothing short of crestfallen. It was her first time seeing Yuna cry.

"Hic... Hic... Helen... I... I... Hic..." [Yuna]

"Oh my god, Yuna! What happened?! No! Before that, come inside first. Let's hear out what you have to say later, okay?" [Helen]

"Oー Hic... Okay..." [Yuna]

Her face full of worries, Helen escorted Yuna inside the inn, delivering her to her previous room which has been unused since she and Grey left. It was one filled with many precious memories.

Even after Helen tried to calm down Yuna, her tears wouldn't stop trickling down. She didn't even say a single word, and was only bawling her eyes out. It only made things difficult for Helen.

Thankfully, Gerd and Selia were already finished with making breakfast. All that was left was serve the customers dinner and watch over the reception desk. They were tasks the two of them could handle by themselves.

Several more minutes passed and Yuna's tears finally stopped. All that was left was her reddened eyes and tear marks across her face from so much crying. It was very obvious that she had cried quite a lot.

"Are you alright now, Yuna?" [Helen]

"Un... Thank you, and... sorry... I troubled you again..." [Yuna]

"Don't worry about it, we're friends, aren't we?" [Helen]

A happy yet sad smile spread on Yuna's lips when she heard Helen's words. She was happy that Helen was there to support her but was also sad, knowing what kind of situation she was in. After all, it was her first fight with Grey as lovers.

"By the way, have you had breakfast yet?" [Helen]

"Ah... No... Not yet... Sorry..." [Yuna]

"Haah... Seriously, you should take care of yourself more. Just wait right here, I'll go get you something to eat." [Helen]

"Ah... I don't have any money on me right now... B-But don't worry! I'll surely pay you back latー" [Yuna]

Yuna couldn't even finish her words. Out of nowhere, Helen delivered a hand chop on Yuna's head. It was only a soft one, but Helen doing so still made Yuna surprised that she abruptly halted her words.