Chapter 39: A Little Lady in Distress

"Yuna, what would you like for dessert? Strawberry shortcake or lemon cake?" [Grey]

Grey asked as he looked at Yuna's direction. The latter was thinking how to respond to the former's question. She was wearing a serious yet adorable expression on her face.

It has been a few days since Grey and Yuna had eaten hamburg steak together with Mira's family. While they have shared meals a couple of times after that, it wasn't as frequent compared to sharing a meal with Helen's family.

With the Labyrinth's opening drawing nearer with each passing day, more and more people have traveled towards Moterno. Most of those travelers were adventurers and merchants who were seeking to profit in the labyrinth. It was also the reason why all inns have become busy.

It was currently a little past noon. Grey and Yuna had just returned from their daily adventurer work. With the decrease of High-rank quests, their time spent on adventuring has also decreased. They now have a lot of free time in their hands.

"Mmm... Can't we just have both...?" [Yuna]

"No can do. If we eat them both right now, we won't be able to eat them after some time. The cafes are always full so we won't be able to get more. We need to control ourselves." [Grey]

"Uuu..." [Yuna]

A dejected groan came out of Yuna's mouth as she was caught between a rock and a hard place. She liked to eat both but she couldn't handle the consequences. It was a silly dilemma.

Of course, Grey could just make these cakes by trial and error and with the aid of his memories from his past life, but there was one problem... He lacked the ingredients. He didn't know who was the supplier of the cafes.

'Hmm... Should I head to the Merchants' Guild later...?' [Grey]

Grey pondered seriously as he really wanted to get hands on more ingredients. While the market has a lot to offer, there is a limit to the things one could acquire. Grey was hoping that the Merchants' Guild could provide him with what he needed.

The Merchants' Guild, just like the Adventurers' Guild, is an international organization which facilitates commerce and mercantile activities. If there was a place which could provide rare ingredients, it was the only place Grey could think of.

"Help! Somebody, help!!" [???]

Yuna didn't even have the chance to answer Grey's question as a sudden scream echoed in their ears. While normal people might not hear it, it wasn't the case for high-rankers.

The origin of the scream came from another alley. It was a similar situation to the time Grey and Yuna rescued a pair of rookie adventurers from one of the scumbags who was part of Iblis.

Grey and Yuna immediately pinpointed the origin of the scream and rushed towards it without wasting any time. They skillfully avoided the large crowd and dove deep inside the alleyways. It only took them a few turns to arrive at the origin of the scream.

The moment they arrived, Grey and Yuna saw a woman in her twenties, wearing a maid outfit, shielding a young girl with her body from the assault of unruly men. There were a total of 6 men ganging up on a single woman.

No matter how one would look at it, it was clear who was the victim and who were the assaulters. Grey didn't even need to use his "Judgement" and quickly rushed towards the group of men with Yuna following behind him.

"H... Huh...?" [Assaulter]

It was already far too late when one of the men noticed Grey and Yuna's arrival. They weren't even able to react from how quick the two moved and before they knew it. The outcome was already decided.