Chapter 18: Picnic Under the Stars

"What?!" [Helen]

A loud and high-pitched scream echoed throughout the silent night, disturbing the all-enveloping peace. It was a scream full of rage and annoyance, and the source was none other than Helen.

After the incident at the guild, Grey headed back to the "Rabbit's Den" with Yuna asleep in his arms. She had cried for quite some time and only stopped when fell asleep from the combined force of exhaustion and crying.

When they exited the guild building, the last bell had already rung and the streets were filled with deafening silence. The only thing which could be heard was the sound of the cold night breeze as it passed through the streets and the chirping of nocturnal insects.

Above, the moon and the stars watched over the city with its gentle light, illuminating the dark night along with the city lights. It was a lonely night in a lonely street treaded upon by a lonely man.

The only ones to greet Grey were Helen and her family as they finished their work for the day, preparing for their work tomorrow. The renters were either away or asleep as the inn was as quiet as the night was.

Leaving Yuna to rest in her room, Grey came down to have time for himself to think. It was then that he was joined by Helen, concerned about the gloomy expression looming all over Grey's face.

"Those bastards, I'm going to castrate them!" [Helen]

After learning about the incident which occured at the guild, the usually carefree Helen became something akin to a fierce dragon which just got its offspring stolen. If only she could breathe fire, she would definitely look like one.

While Grey was quite taken aback by Helen's change of personality, he was happy that Helen was concerned about Yuna. He was happy that someone other than him became angry in Yuna's stead.

But after the incident, Grey had realized his and Yuna's shortcomings. For him, it was his temper. Although he can hold his anger, the moment he snaps, it would be near impossible to him. A problem which might cause greater troubles in the future if not addressed properly.

The previous incident was only resolved since Yuna was there, but if it were to happen once again when Yuna is not around, he is afraid of the things he might commit from being carried away by his emotions.

As for Yuna, it was her meek personality. Although there was nothing wrong with being meek, in situations like the encounter before, it makes Yuna incapable of defending herself even when she has the capability to do so. Especially when it comes to abusive people, it becomes increasingly difficult.

But for now, what Grey needed to do was cheer up Yuna. He needed to do something to bring Yuna to her usual bright and curious self.

"Hey, Helen, do you know somewhere with nice scenery?" [Grey]

"Hm?" [Helen]

Grey asked Helen, halting her from throwing punches in the air as if she was imagining beating up someone or something.

Hearing Grey's words, her romance sensor activated and her mind quickly switched to wingwoman mode. While she was still angry about what happened to Yuna, her mind was also thinking of places to recommend. It was as if she had two consciousness inside of her.

Being born in Galderia, Helen of course knew which places are the best for enjoyment and relaxation, but the problem was, she had already recommended it to Grey on his previous date with Yuna.

Helen searched her mind of any other places to go, but to no avail. She was about to lose hope, when suddenly...

"Ah, there is one!" [Helen]