Chapter 140: Life as it is (pt. I)

Bang Bang Bang Clip Clip Clip

Saws, hammers, chisels, and many more. A cacophony of construction tools echoed loudly throughout the wide forest. There was no relaxing and lazing around to be seen, only seriousness and diligence as everyone did their best to prepare.

What were they doing, one might ask? It's simple. They are doing the final touches of the venue for Kris and Aria's wedding. It was only a couple weeks away, and so, everyone is busier than ever. With that business was also excitement, looking forward to the destined day.

It wasn't only because Aria was the village Chief's daughter that everyone was helping out. Aria was a girl naturally loved and respected by everyone. So much in fact that almost everyone was crying when she left to become an adventurer. It was quite the sight to behold.

"Waah... Everyone's so busy..." [Yuna]

Commented Yuna as she observed everyone busying themselves with work. She has seen construction work back when he was still in her village but the one before was on another level. They were making a large and majestic wedding venue by hand from scratch.

Even Grey who has witnessed countless construction projects when he was still on Earth couldn't help but feel amazed. It was a first seeing various things used so efficiently for construction work. He has learned a lot just from watching.

It is already the third day since Grey and Yuna's arrival at the Malus village, and after yesterday's tour by Falroe, they managed to get acquainted with the villagers. Even though they were outsiders, the villagers treated them like they were their own. It was a pleasant experience.

"Oh, Grey, Yuna, good morning. Did you have a good night's rest?" [Aria]

"Good morning too, Miss Aria." [Yuna]

"Morning, and yes, it was a wonderful night, but... Miss Aria, do you need any help? Seems like you could use a helping hand around here..." [Grey]

Despite Aria greeting them so casually, she was actually one of the busiest ones in the venue. Being the bride-to-be, her opinion was needed in many things and she also had to supervise that everything was going well as planned.

Originally, Aria's family and the villagers wanted to prepare everything by themselves, but with much persistence from her and Kris, they were allowed to help out. After all, no matter what they do, it would be useless if the ones to be wed don't fancy it.

"Ah, no. It's fine, please enjoyー" [Aria]

"Little Aria, where should I put this thing?"

"Oh, please place it over the left side at the third row. After that, you can ask Dad what else to do with it." [Aria]

"Right, the left side... Thanks, Little Aria."

Aria couldn't even finish her words. From time to time, there are a lot of people who approach her to ask of some things and clear up some confusion. At the worst, she would be crowded by a lot of people.

Thankfully, the villagers were cooperative and considerate of her. Actually, one could even say that they adore her too much. Especially the older ones, they all looked at her as if they were their own child.

"Sorry about that. Anyway, just enjoy yourselves for the day. There's no need for guests to bother themselves with such things." [Aria]

"Butー" [Yuna]

"No buts! You're the guests and we're the host. It's only natural that we have you enjoy your stayー" [Aria]

Out of nowhere, Aira suddenly cut her own words. The very next moment, she looked around the venue as if looking for something or someone. Her head only stopped turning when she spotted two figures over the distance.