Chapter 88: Gifts and Secrets

Silence enveloped the whole manor as the cloud of dust slowly started to settle. The only thing to be heard are the faint and rugged breathing of Elise and Eliza as they quietly grasped their breaths.

"The winner is Elise!" [Elaine]

The one to break the deafening silence was Elaine's announcement. Even though she acted as the referee for the match, it still took her some time to announce the results as she was also stunned by the recent turn of events.

Hearing Elise's words, the two sisters in the training ground relaxed their bodies, and after a few seconds, they both collapsed to the ground exhausted, their breathing even more rough than before.

And since they were too exhausted, Yuna and Grey took it upon themselves to fix the training ground which they partially destroyed during their match, reverting it back to its original state.

As for the other spectators, they quickly rushed towards Elise and Elaine who were collapsed to the ground. The parents, Eleanora and Fritz were especially worried about the state of their daughters.

After a few minutes of rest and with the aid of recovery magic, the two sisters were finally able to move once again, and the first thing Elise did was to check up on her younger sister's condition.

"Liz, you're fine, right?! Elder Sister didn't hurt you too much, right?! No, I probably did! Uuu... what a horrible older sister I am..." [Elise]

"Umm... Elder Sister, I'm fineー" [Eliza]

"You don't need to be considerate! Just tell me if it hurts somewhere, Elder Sister will do her best to help you!" [Elise]

"No, really, I'm fine, Elder Sister. After all, Elder Brother Grey and Elder Sister Yuna's recovery magic is top notch!" [Eliza]

Eliza proudly proclaimed as she puffed her chest while wearing a smile on her face, making Elise calm down a little bit. After all, she also knew how potent Grey and Yuna's recovery spells were.

Not only Elise, the other's also calmed down after hearing Eliza's proud declaration. Even Galvin, who didn't fully understand what was going on, was happy that Eliza, who he now considered an older sister figure, was fine and dandy.

"But even if you're fine, you two should know that what you did was dangerous! You two should learn when to hold back! Do you know how nervous and worried I and your father were, watchin the two of you fight?!" [Elaine]

"Your mother's right. That was too close! If you got one of your moves wrong, you could have injured each other! Especially you, Elise! You're the older one, you should have known when to stop!" [Fritz]

While recalling the recent match, Fritz and Eleanora scolded their daughters. Both of them had very evident traces of anxiety and anger written on their faces as they gave Elise and Eliza an earful.

Although they both agreed beforehand about the match, it was because they didn't think it would escalate so much. After all, they didn't think that Eliza would actually be able to put up a good match against her older sister.

Even Fritz, who had been with Eliza the most, was very surprised at his youngest daughter's strength. He initially thought she had just entered G-rank recently, but only after the fight did he realize that Eliza had actually entered F-rank.

The reason for Eliza's unprecedented growth was not only Grey and Yuna's teachings, but also the presence of Polaris. He always served as a practice partner whenever Eliza trained inside the mansion, hidden in the sight of others.