Chapter 147: The Thieves Strike Again!

Houses spread in a semi-chaotic manner, trees standing proud at irregular intervals, and the green grass, full of vitality, covering the ground all over the place. Compared to towns and cities, the village was much more rural, much more peaceful, and much more refreshing.

Two days have passed since Dianthus and the others were summoned, and so far, there haven't been any problems. The beasts who attacked the Tree of Life before also haven't shown up again. It was a time of peace.

Grey and Yuna also tried using potions, elixirs, and all sorts of alchemy products tk the tree to see if they could heal the scars and damages left by the beasts on it, but it was to no avail. Not even holy magic nor plant magic could help in the case.

The tree's composition, having been made with alchemy, was completely out of Grey's scope of knowledge. There was a solution he thought of, but since it was only made from speculations, he didn't resort to using it. It was something he was only willing to do when the worse comes to worst.

With the familiars guarding the Tree of Life, the villagers' focus was now switched back to the wedding. Excitement can now be traced on their faces as they looked forward to the day their little Aria becomes a bride.

The wedding venue was now done and constructed beautifully, designed to be one with nature, a variety of greens and flora to be seen no matter where one looked. It was like paradise, a paradise where two souls will soon become one.

"Are the flowers ready?"

"How about the reception? Is everything going well?"

"No, no, a little bit to the left."

The only things left were the little details like the flower arrangements, the seats, and a few arrangements after the wedding. Everything was almost ready and the wedding was drawing closer by the hour. There was only excitement in the air.

Of course, with the wedding drawing close, the bride and groom were now doing rehearsals for their wedding. Actually, there wasn't much need to, it was just that they wanted their wedding to be perfect. After, it would be one of the most important events in their lives, one they wouldn't forget.

"Waah~! Big Sis, you look so beautiful! And graceful too!" [Zeke]

"Hey, Zeke, calm down...! You're bothering them...!" [Reina]

"Uuu... I can't believe it... My sweet, little Aria's all grown up now... Dear, our little baby, she... She..." [Falroe]

"Calm down, dear. No matter what happens, she'll always be our baby." [Valka]

Well, even when it was only a rehearsal, Aria's family still gave their best expressions as if it was the real thing. Falroe in particular was acting like a father who got her daughter stolen, his face full of snot and tears.

Being subjected to such a treatment, Aria was forced to hide her face on the practice bouquet she was holding onto. She was very embarrassed that even her ears were red as she walked down the aisle with Kris. No matter how much she loves her family, it was still too much.

The groom, on the hand, could only smile wryly at what was happening with his bride. While he couldn't relate much since he grew up an orphan, he didn't feel anything was lacking. After all, he has Grey and Yuna attending as his younger siblings. For that, he was thankful.

"Aria, don't forget to let us see our grandkids!" [Falroe]

"Dad!" [Aria]

It was quite the entertaining scene. And it was worth noting that it wasn't the first time such a scene happened. Every time they rehearsed, the same thing happened over and over again. Grey and Yuna couldn't count how many times they had to repeat because of their antics.