Chapter 156: A Troublesome Day (pt. I)

Clink Clink Clink

It was a new morning. The sweet scent of chocolate and warm aroma of fresh milk wafted the air, filling the hearts of those who smelled it with warmth and comfort, a perfect scent to accompany relaxation.

The spoon stopped stirring. As it was lifted, drops of light brown liquid came dripping back to the glass. The spoon still covered in that very same liquid, a fine young man delivered it to his mouth to have a taste.

"Yeah. This is good." [Grey]

The night has passed after their arrival, and to start the day, Grey was making some warm chocolate milk for him and Yuna to enjoy. The latter, still sleeping soundly in the bedroom from their long and tiresome journey.

There were no dishes to be seen at the dining table, only two glasses of chocolate milk, fragrant steam rising from it. The quietness in the room gave Grey peace he hasn't had for a long time. It was a time of comfort and relaxation.

Tap Tap Tap

The sound of footsteps echoed as a certain silver-haired young lady came down the stairs, still rubbing her eyes softly with a sleepy look in her face. She had just woken up, her mind still up in the clouds and her eyes a little out of focus.

"Good morning, Princess." [Grey]

"Mhm... Morning..." [Yuna]

"Here, have some chocolate milk." [Grey]

Like a little child who will receive whatever you give them, Yuna received the glass of chocolate milk without much thinking. She didn't even realize it was chocolate milk when she received it. Her eyes staring at it intently as she tried to figure out what manner of object she just received.

A smile bloomed on her face as soon as she realized it was actually chocolate milk, a peaceful expression on her face. She was very different from the lady who could wipe out monsters in a single strike. Now, she was just a defenseless munchkin who had just woken up.

Snap

A light came flashing as soon as a smile appeared on Yuna's face. It came none other from the camera in Grey's hands. A satisfied expression now on Grey's face, he had once again acquired a new photo for his collection of cute (Yuna) things.

Of course, since he had given a camera to newlywed Kris and Aria, it also went without saying that he made one for his and Yuna's use. And it was worth the effort as of the current, he had gotten a couple dozen pictures of Yuna, thinking of making a large album at a later date.

At this point, Grey is already instinctively taking out the camera from his "Inventory" whenever he sees Yuna doing something adorable. He didn't even notice his hands move. It was only after the flash came that he did.

"Hey, Grey... I told you to stop that..." [Yuna]

Receiving the full brunt of the sudden flashing, Yuna was quickly woken up and was now on her right mind. A pink tint showing on her face as she looked at Grey, half-sulking, half-embarrassed.

"Hahaha, sorry. You were just too cute, I couldn't help it." [Grey]

"Geez... Saying that so early in the morning... It's embarrassing..." [Yuna]

"Hm? But it's true though. My Yuna is the cutest in the world!" [Grey]

A proud declaration came ringing throughout the house, making Yuna even more embarrassed than she already was. She couldn't exactly retort to Grey's words as she was also happy receiving such compliments. It was a complicated feeling.

Yuna just simply continued drinking her chocolate milk in silence, her face still looking feverish. Her mood quickly improved as soon as she had a taste of the drink as if her embarrassment was but just a mere lie.

YLTESCIA: A Reincarnator's Tale in the Lands of Merusiaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें