Chapter 169: The Whims of Vanessa (pt. III)

The sun beat down the world with warm and gentle sunlight, gracing the world a nice, golden afternoon under the blue sky. The refreshing breeze cruising freely through the city, cooling down the ground in the face of heat. It was a lovely day.

On such a lovely day, there was no better way to spend it in the similarly lovely and grand royal castle. The silence of the wind and the sweet fragrance of flowers drifting with it, accompanied by the echoes of footsteps. Oh, what an atmosphere.

"Uuu..."  [Natalia]

A new sound mixed with the current melody, the grumbling noise of the little princess. She suddenly stopped walking and was now squatting on the ground, looking at the others before her with adorable puppy eyes.

"Is something wrong, Princess?"  [Yuna]

"Uuu... Pwinceth tiwed..."  [Natalia]

Such was an adorable reason. It was only to be expected that she gets tired with the meager stamina of a two-year-old. Actually, it was even more surprising that she lasted so long without complaining. She really was a hard-working little princess.

With how tired she was, she didn't want to move anymore. But on another hand, she wants to continue exploring with the others. The little princess' heart was torn apart by two difficult choices. She mulled over as much as a little princess can.

"Hmm... If the Little Princess is tired, should we rest or... Would the Little Princess like to ride Big Bro's shoulder here?"  [Grey]

"Showder?"  [Natalia]

"Yes. A shoulder carry. Would you like to try?"  [Grey]

"... Um!"  [Natalia]

There was a little pause as the little princess stared at Grey's face, thinking about his offer with her innocent little mind. Not long after, she then agreed happily with such a bright smile on her face, opening her arms up for Grey to take her.

Giggling to himself, Grey then knelt down to the ground, held the little princess by the upper torso, and gently had her sit on his broad shoulders. The little princess, getting such a treatment was very happy and excited, her head turning around from time to time as she watched the change in altitude.

"Waah~ Nalia! Tawl!"  [Natalia]

"Hahaha. Now, now, don't move too much, Little Princess. We don't want to get hurt now, do we?"  [Grey]

"Um! Behayv!"  [Natalia]

The others could only look at the little princess warmly as she enjoyed herself riding on Grey's shoulders. It was the first time she had experienced shoulder carry, hence her excitement as if she just got a new toy.

Of course, her father, the Crown Prince, had tried to carry her on his shoulders from before, but with how reckless he was, the Crown Princess never allowed him to. It was a shame but it was better than having the little princess get hurt.

Well, other than the little princess, there was another princess whose eyes were on Grey and the little princess, clenching her hand in front of her chest. She was wearing expectant eyes which was really out of character for her.

"Hm? Does Iris also want a shoulder carry?"  [Grey]

"Aunshie, cawwy?"  [Natalia]

"A-Ah, n-no! I... I was just looking at how Natalia is enjoying herself. Th-That's all! N-Nothing else!"  [Iris]

A certain degree of redness bloomed on Iris' face as she denied Grey's question. It was obvious that she also wanted to experience such, but was just too embarrassed to admit. She is still the Princess Royal, after all. She has her dignity to protect.