Chapter 94: Against One Another

Huff Huff Huff

In the spacious training ground, there was only one sound to be heard. The rugged, rough, and heavy breathing of the students became an orchestra as it resounded towards the vast blue sky. They were collapsed to the ground, barely able to move a single muscle.

If there was something they were thankful for even in their miserable states, it was that the sun's rays weren't harsh, but rather gentle and warm, healing their exhausted bodies little by little.

There weren't any more monsters in sight, not because the students exterminated all of them, but because of the opposite. The students fell like flies as the summoned monsters charged at them. The summoning was canceled the moment all of them collapsed. Some were even unconscious.

"Yo~ Are you just gonna lay down there all day?" [Grey]

"Shut up. Don't talk about standing, I can't even lift my fingers. That was too much, Greyー Ah!" [Julius]

Out of the blue, Julius suddenly halted on his words for unknown reasons. Soon after, he looked at Grey with a somewhat terrified expression, making the latter arch one of his brows in confusion.

"Y... You're not gonna flick my forehead?" [Julius]

"For what?" [Grey]

"For calling you casually during class time?" [Julius]

"Ah, that... Well, I'll let you off the hook this time. You can't even move anyway. It would be too cruel if I were to punish you in that state." [Grey]

"I see... So you still have some humanity in you, huhー Ow!" [Julius]

The sound of a flick resounded all over the training ground as Grey's fingers hit Julius' forehead. He initially wanted to let things slide, but after hearing Julius' words, his finger moved before he even noticed it.

"What was that for?!" [Julius]

"Think over your words before you speak, Cadet Julius, or... is it that you want to receive another one?" [Grey]

"N-No... Sorry..." [Julius]

Julius, the second prince of the kingdom, groveled before Grey as she relived the memories of pain he received from Grey's forehead flicks. Though it felt unfair for him, he couldn't do anything about it. Grey was just too much for him to handle.

One might see it as bullying or abuse of power, and that's totally right. Though since they were friends, it was more like teasing than bullying. Grey wouldn't have done it if they weren't close enough.

The other students also became silent as they saw Grey flick Julius' forehead. The 2nd years were especially terrified not because it was their first time witnessing it, but because of how it sounded. They could easily imagine a skull fracture after hearing it.

"Alright, that's enough lazing around. 《Heal》《Recuperate》." [Grey]

As the light of Grey's spells melted to their bodies, the students slowly started to get up one after another. They had already gotten used to such a routine after being with Grey and Yuna for two weeks.

Even though the alpha classes of years 2 and 3 weren't as close as one another, the distance between them quickly grew shorter after experiencing the same difficulties. They have become comrades in just a short amount of time.

"Everyone~! Line up here and receive your share~!" [Yuna]

""""Yes!""""

The students' eyes were quickly painted with color as soon as they all looked at Yuna's direction, or rather than Yuna, they looked at the servings of sweets which Yuna had prepared as they trained.