Chapter 81: King Qingping, General Ling

It was night, everything was silent, but the Xianlai Inn in Mochizuki City was full of people, and during the day, the carriage of Pei Yuanxian of the King of Qingping entered the city under the escort of thousands of iron-armored guards, and as soon as he made a move, he wrapped up the entire Xianlai Inn, and it was difficult to settle down when it was almost dark, and the mighty general Ling Wei came to visit with his eldest son Ling Yucheng, and the outside of the Xianlai Inn fell into a burst of noise and chaos.

"Why did General Ling come here if he didn't go to guard the embankment?"

Ignoring the noise outside, Pei Yuanxian leaned lazily on the wide chair, a pot of wine was poured into his mouth intermittently, and his body was full of the uninhibited breath of the children of the family.

"The good imperial city is not waiting, why is Wang Ye here? Is it really just a whim? Sitting opposite him, Ling Wei was in a straight figure, sitting like a pine and cypress, and the wind of a martial artist was extremely obvious, which happened to be in sharp contrast with Pei Yuanjian on the opposite side.

"What else could it be without a whim?"

Luo Tuo smiled uninhibitedly, Pei Yuanxian turned his head and looked at him with a smile: "I heard that Empress Xue died, why didn't General Ling wear linen and filial piety, this is disrespectful, General Ling is not afraid of being played tomorrow morning?" Speak as if you are wearing linen and filial piety.

Ling Yucheng complained full of complaints, but with his father there, it was not his turn to speak.

"Will be outside, the king's order is not subject to it."

Ling Wei was just righteous, and did not find any high-sounding excuses for himself, Pei Yuanjian shook his hand and snapped his fingers: "Well said, but General Ling, you will not be far from the imperial city, I wonder if my emperor uncle, who has always liked to be jealous, can accept this reason?" You Ling clan controls most of the military power in Dongcheng, and Ling Yulin is now the third prince's concubine, eating the third prince to death, do you say he will be worried, when this thousands of miles of rivers and mountains will fall into your Ling clan's hands?

"What does Wang Ye want to hint at?"

Even if it was Ling Weize, his eyes couldn't help but flash, the Great Qin royal family both needs military generals and can't tolerate military generals, this is nothing new, military power is loved by everyone, but it is a hot potato for everyone, if the emperor is really so relieved of the Ling family, it is impossible to recall him back to the imperial city.

"In fact, you know very well in your heart that you don't need this king to say anything at all."

If Ling Wei was really a fool, he would not have attracted the emperor's jealousy.

"If the king wants his subject to die, the subject has to die."

After a moment of silence, Ling Wei lowered his eyes and said in a deep voice.

"Huh..."

But his answer caused Pei Yuanxian to sneer: "A good monarch wants to die, and the subject has to die, General Ling is really loyal to Daqin, and this king admires it!" If the king is not a king, or even if he comes from the wrong way, why should he let whoever he wants to die?

Pei Yuanxian squinted his eyes slightly, naturally hiding the coldness that filled the bottom of his eyes.

"Wang Ye, the embankment of Mochizuki City is not a child's play, I hope Wang Ye don't mess around."

The other party's identity is noble than him, but he is not a few months older than his eldest son Ling Yucheng, and Ling Wei can't take his attitude to heart, but the Wangyue City embankment concerns thousands of people, and he doesn't want any mistakes because of Pei Yuanjian's foolishness.

"?"

The corners of his lips hooked slightly, mockery loomed, and Pei Yuanxian almost muttered: "The time for this king to fool around has not yet arrived." When he really fools around, it will be the time to subvert the Great Qin!

For the military general, at such a close distance, even if he is small, they can hear it, I don't know if they understand the deep meaning of his words, Ling Wei can't help frowning: "The kings of Qingping in the past are all loyal and patriotic, I hope that Wang Ye will not insult the reputation of the ancestors, this will be all he said, Wang Ye will rest earlier."
After finishing speaking, Ling Wei stood up, and Ling Yucheng followed step by step, without saying anything from beginning to end.

"If General Ling really cares about the people, pull all the troops you brought to the embankment."

Just as they were about to step out of the room, Pei Yuanxian's voice sounded again, even Ling Yucheng could tell that this time his tone was much more serious, and Ling Wei turned to look at him: "Wang Ye believes what that monk said?"

"The king doesn't believe in those groundless things, but General Ling, can we afford it?" Do you dare to gamble on the lives of thousands of people below Mochizuki City? There is only one day left and right, and it is better to believe it or not.

Pei Yuanxian stood up slowly, his always lazy phoenix eyes were rarely serious, and after the news of the Empress's death came, he was even more sure that it would rain heavily tomorrow.

"What Wang Ye said is extremely true, and Ben will also think so."

Bending over with a fist, Ling Wei turned around and strode away, and Pei Yuanxian slowly sat back: "Ling Weize, don't let the king disappoint you."
There were not many people
who could make him look at him, but Ling Wei was one, which was one of the reasons why he was willing to risk being punished by suspicion and punishment to lure him here.

"Father, King Qingping seems to be slightly different from the rumors outside."

On the way to the embankment, Ling Yucheng weighed his thoughts, his style was indeed delicate and extravagant, but I don't know why, he always felt that he had much more compassion for the people than some people.

"Yucheng, my father has told you many times that you can't just look at people at the surface."

The horse moving forward suddenly stopped in the night, and Ling Wei tightened the reins and looked up at a crescent moon in the sky: "The kings of Qingping in the past are delicate and extravagant, lawless, and they are also the top magnates who existed since the founding of Daqin, and their reputation has always been inferior to the Wei family, but when Daqin really needs it, the bravery of the iron-armored guards has never lost to the Wei family army, and the previous Qingping king was accompanied by the first prince, and his feelings were excellent, when the first prince was involved in the rebellion case, They and the Wei family were the first to stand up and speak for the Empress Dowager and the Crown Prince, but unfortunately, the Emperor Xian somehow bit the Crown Prince to conspire to rebel, and they never managed to keep him.

Since then, the Wei family and King Qingping no longer care about the affairs of the dynasty, but before the death of the first emperor, he still designed to take away the previous King Qingping, and the princess who was in love with him was also martyred on the spot, leaving only a prince of Qingping who was studying art outside, when everyone thought that the Qingping royal palace would decline, he inherited the title as a child, and after many years, who didn't want to seize the iron-armored guard in his hands, but who succeeded? Until now, the ironclad guards are still firmly controlled by King Qingping, they only have King Qingping in their hearts, and there is no royal family, what a clever imperial means? Rao is the father, and he has to sigh to himself, Yucheng, if you have the opportunity, you should really learn more from him. The military generals can most understand the sorrow of the military generals, especially the military generals born in Daqin, whether it is the old general of the Wei family, or the late previous King Qingping, Ling Wei admires from the bottom of his heart, especially after witnessing the end of the previous King Qingping, he has a kind of sadness of the rabbit and the fox, always cautious in words and actions, for fear that one will accidentally follow in the footsteps of the ancestors.

"So, King Qingping should be a hero? So why did he make his reputation so bad? And why did he repeatedly refuse the emperor's invitation to join the throne? Now that Daqin is full of wars, why didn't he wear armor and go into battle, defend the country, and continue the loyal name of the Qingping kings of the past?

Under the protection of the elders, even if Ling Yucheng is brave and good at fighting, he has not experienced much, and many things are not transparent enough.

"How can a king with a different surname who holds military power relax the hearts of those in power if everything is perfect, always guarding himself, and collecting the hearts of the people of the world? Yucheng, we are the same, you, you still have to learn.