Chapter 155: A Belated Counterattack

Not surprisingly, Shen Liang on the third day of their almsgiving, seeing their reputation rising day by day, the wives and children of the major families in the imperial city have also joined the ranks of giving porridge to refugees, some people in order to compete, and even distributed meat buns, although they earned a wave of good reputation at that time, but unfortunately the good times did not last long, the starting point was too high and destined to be overwhelmed, those people quickly disappeared without a trace, but Shen Liang them, steady and steady, has been continuing, along with more and more sponsorships, the daily distribution of bamboo cards has also increased, The victims who received their relief were all impressed, and the reputation of the five living bodhisattvas was gone.

A few days later, the empress came out of the funeral, the emperor personally sent the funeral, the royal family and state relatives all attended, the civil and military officials wore linen and filial piety, tens of thousands of people were silent, and the huge array sent the queen's body into the imperial mausoleum, from this day on, the people officially removed filial piety, the people can also marry, the old emperor was worried all day, for fear that Pei Yuanxian would suddenly propose to marry Shen Liang, and now Shen Liang, his personal reputation alone is enough to make him fearful, Not to mention the forces behind him.

Strangely, Pei Yuanxian does not seem to have the intention of marrying, Shen Liang also sits in the shop every day, without any intention of marrying, both of them are like nothing, but the emperor himself worries himself so much that he is restless at night, and it is said that for several days in a row, the imperial doctor went to ask for a pulse.

Hou Mansion wave after wave, the more Shen Ruiqing brothers make trouble, the more Shen Ruiting insists on separating the family, the old godly woman who woke up a few days earlier was so angry that she almost fainted again after learning about it, and then a group of people after discussion, decided to let the old godly woman continue to pretend to faint, first delay for a while and then say, I thought that everything was stable for the time being, Shen Ruijiang and the two were also happily preparing their daughter's dowry, who knows this day, A message once again shattered their self-righteous calm.

"What, what? The old godly woman who was lying on the bed and couldn't move stared in disbelief, Zhao Lan and Lu Yang were also a little frightened, and the person who came said helplessly: "The university scholar's mansion was reported for corruption and bribery, and the old and young masters were all arrested by the criminal department, and now the people in the mansion are panicked, and they have become a mess, and the lady specially asked the little one to come to the old lady for help." 

"This happened so suddenly, they were all caught off guard, and the master did not arrange it in advance, and now the university mansion is surrounded by people from the criminal department, and there is no man who can be in charge, and the front and back yards are all chaotic.

"This..."

How is it possible?

Once again sure that he didn't hear it wrong, the other party didn't say it wrong, the old godly woman still couldn't believe it, the university was his maiden family, and now her brother was in charge, several nephews were very productive, and they were extremely careful in doing things on weekdays, how could they be caught by someone? Now the Criminal Department directly arrests people without a sound, I am afraid that it has sufficient evidence, even if it does not, but all those who are officials, how many people can withstand the investigation?

"Mother..."

Zhao Lan Lu Yang looked at him, the old godly woman had no idea for a while, now although others are awake, they are completely paralyzed from the neck down, unconscious, their mouths and eyes are crooked, and they can't even close their saliva, they must tie a bib around their necks like a baby, and they can't speak clearly, often jumping out of one or two words, with his current situation, It is definitely unrealistic to go back to her mother's house, if she looks for Shen Ruiting, her pretending to be dizzy will be exposed, and when the time comes... Now she is not sure whether she can still stabilize Shen Ruiting, and she does not dare to take risks easily.