Hunt

Derek's POV:
"What you got for us Baby Girl?" I ask Garcia over the phone.

"Well, my yummy chocolate bunny, I checked out Mr. Burker's work history and it seems that he's been hopping jobs every few months. Apparently he had a few sexual harassment complaints filed against him at each work place." Garcia answers and I sigh at how spot-on the profile is.

"You know where his last job was?" I ask.

"Last one was at a stamp company called Stamporee. Hah, I get it, it's like jamboree but with stamps. And to my knowledge he is still employed there." She chuckles and I scoff.

"Thanks, Baby girl." I thank her and hang up.

I add the new information to the profile we're working on. I try to think of other things that could apply to the unsub, based on what we know, which isn't much.

"Garcia get anything?" Hotch questions as he walks over.

"Last known work place, Stamporee. Says he's still employed there." I answer and Hotch nods his head.

"Great, a place full of sticky paper." Elle huffs.

"Still mad about my little prank?" I scoff as I twirl my pen.

"You filled my entire desk drawer with putty. Do you know how long it took to clean out?" Elle asks, clearly still annoyed and I chuckle.

"First you had to try and get it open." I joke and she glares at me.

————

We get to the small stamp company and ask the manager where Walt Burker is. He explains that he took two weeks off and should be back tomorrow.

"We already checked his house, do you have any idea where else he would be?" Elle asks as she puts on her charm.

"I heard him talking about a cabin by a lake. One his family owned when he was growing up." The boss answers and I get out my phone to have Garcia look into it.

"You think that's where he takes his victims?" Reid asks once we're out of the building away from prying ears.

"Quiet, secluded. Perfect hunting grounds." I state my theory.

"A serial killer's dream come true." Gideon mutters as he looks at the file again.

We head out to the address that the boss gave us and get to a small shabby looking cabin. The windows are all dark but there's a pick up truck in the front, someone's clearly still here. The front door of the cabin is cracked open and I slowly make my way over and signal to the others. I look over at Hotch and he nods his head for me to continue.

We head inside the cabin while the others canvas outside. We slowly and carefully make our way through the living room. It's small and very outback-red-neck looking. There's multiple deer heads mounted on the walls and a few pheasants and turkeys as well. It's clear that the family likes hunting and takes a lot of pride in it, especially with the trophies.

I turn the corner and hear what sounds like a TV, it's coming from upstairs. I slowly making my way up the stairs, hoping that the creaking doesn't alert anyone who might be up there.

The element of surprise is key with unsubs like these. If they get a weapon in their hands before we get to them, they will most likely fight to the death.

I slowly turn the corner only to stop in horror at the scene in front of me. My breath hitches in my throat and I can suddenly feel my heart beating extremely hard in my chest, like a time bomb. Taking a step closer to make sure what I'm seeing is real, I look at the disfigured thing in the chair.