Sick

"Where have you been?" Derek asks as I take my bike helmet off.

"Traffic." I lie.

"Mhmm." Derek smirks and I roll my eyes.

The truth is I was with an assassin named Charlie. He's an old associate of Huck's from when they worked for the CIA. Now Gemma a hired hitman.

We've been seeing each other for a few weeks and I can't lie, it's been good. It's nice to be with someone who understands what it's like to kill people for a living.

"This one is a doozy. Emma Baker. 38, math teacher from Medford, Oregon. She went missing 17 days ago, and her body was found yesterday afternoon at St. Baldwin's. A now defunct psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. That is in Salem, Oregon, which is 230 miles away from Medford. And we've been called in for the bizarre nature of the case." Garcia starts us out and in notice Hotch glance at me every once in a while.

"Wow. Look at that dress." JJ states.

"Was she going to a renaissance fair?" Emily questions.

"Not with her feet bound. And missing person's report says that she was in jeans and a t-shirt." Garcia answers.

"But look how she's laid out. It's almost like it's a ceremony and she's the sacrifice." Derek points out and I start drowning the conversation out.

"Danika!" Hotch says getting my attention and I look over at him and he's the only one left in the room.

"Sorry, long night." I say and get up and walk past him.

We get on the jet and I can't help notice Hotch looking at me again.

"What?" I finally ask him and he just shrugs.

"Don't start that with me, what?" I ask again and stare at him until he looks at me.

He glances up and sees me waiting and glances at the others who are looking at the file. He nods his head for me to follow him and I get up and head to the other side of the jet.

"What?" I ask for the third time.

"Are you seeing someone?" He asks bluntly and I raise my eyebrows.

"If I was?" I ask.

"I'd just ask you to make sure it doesn't effect your work." He says but I can tell there's more behind the statement.

"It won't." I promise and he nods.

"Good, because the moment it does, I'll have to intervene." He says quietly and I freeze.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I scoff.

"It means, get back to your seat and review and get caught up with the case." He says and I leaves you go back to his seat.

I go back and sit down and the team starts discussing the victim.

"Emma Baker was a divorced math teacher. No children." Rossi starts us out.

"She has a boyfriend, though, who's a drummer in a goth band. Her Facebook has pictures of them at the Bram Stoker Vampire Festival in Slayerama, which is a celebration of all things gothic." Garcia explains over the computer.

"Abby told me about them once." I mention.

"Teacher by day, Elvira by night." JJ comments.

"Clearly this is a woman with two different sides to her personality." Derek suggests.

"You'd know all about that, wouldn't you?" Rossi asks me and I roll my eyes.

He still not thrilled with me being back, especially since he found out the names of the victims, that I gave him after I 'died', were fake.