JG

Patrick's POV:
We arrive at the crime scene. It's a small cottage out in the middle of nowhere, trees surround it for a hundred miles at least. A few cops are here, talking with one another, shaking their heads.

I walk into the small cabin without saying a word to them. Somehow, I know exactly what to expect. I make my way through the entrance and find myself in one of the back rooms. A giant bloody smiley face is painted on the wall above a desk, overlapping pictures of birds.

Lying on the ground is the deceased, an older man, looking to be in his late fifties. His short receding hair is already turning dark grey and his eyes were closed after he died. I can tell he cried before he died, which isn't uncommon, but for some reason, this one seems different. He wasn't crying from pain, he was crying from sorrow.

His arms are placed across his chest, before rigor mortis set in, so, right after death. There's one stab wound to the chest, right into his heart. But I don't see a weapon anywhere. This isn't Red John's style at all. He doesn't show remorse, he doesn't kill with one stab. He wants his victims to feel everything he does to them, but this, this is different. This looks like a mercy killing, something he's never done.

I notice something under the victim's hand and slip it out. It's a business card of sorts.

"The cops estimate he's been here for a little over a day. His name is Jason Gideon." Lisbon says from behind me as I continue to stare at this man.

"Why does that name sound familiar?" I ask myself out loud.

"I don't know. Maybe he was a client-."

"No. He was an FBI agent."

"What? There's nothing in the cabin that suggests that."

"I know. But I recognize his name. Danika-Danika." I say as I stand up and look around.

"This was her place. He gave it to her after he retired." I say, remembering how she told me about Gideon.

How he was the one who recruited her into joining the BAU. He gave her meaning to her life, a purpose when she was in a dark place.

I look down at the business card and rush out of the cabin with Lisbon frantically following me.

"Call Hotch and his team and tell them to meet us." I say and show Lisbon the card.

"Where did you get this?"

"He was holding it." I tell her.

Shepherd's POV:
I rush over when I hear shouting coming from Danika's room. At first I prepare myself to see her fighting off a gunman or something, but instead she's yelling at multiple nurses who are trying to hook her back up to the IV. Danika is cowering in the corner rocking back and forth, holding the IV stand as a weapon.

"What's going on?" I ask as I enter the room.

"She woke up and started freaking out on me. I tried to sedate her but-." She starts saying and shows me her arm that has a deep cut on her arm.

"She called us for back up but then she grabbed that and backed up into the corner." One of the other nurses explains.

"Hey, Danika." I state calmly, going to get to her but she whines and shakes her head.

"We're not here to hurt you. We wanna help you get better." I try to say in a calming tone.

"No. I don't want to." She whimpers as if she's a child.