Seattle

Danika's POV:
"How are you feeling?" Dr. Shepherd asks as he stands at the side of my bed.

"Just wonderful." I mutter, exhausted from everyone coming in and wishing me to get well soon.

"You up to trying to walk today?" He asks.

"I thought you were a neurosurgeon." I scoff.

"I am." He nods.

"Then why are you here?" I ask.

"I'm just checking up on you. Figured you'd prefer a familiar face." He shrugs.

"Well, I already walked to the bathroom this morning." I say and he raises his eyebrows.

"By yourself?" Asks and I nod.

"You shouldn't be doing that, you could fall and really hurt yourself." He scolds as he takes the sheet off my body and starts checking my leg joints.

He furrows his brows when he sees that they are almost completely healed. He guides my leg to bend and my knee up to my chest.

"Any discomfort?" He asks and I shake my head and he does it with the other one.

"Dr. Shepherd, what are you doing?" A short lady asks as she walks over and I see how it must look awkward with the position we're in.

"He's checking my joints." I say and he nods.

"Bailey, come look at this, they're almost completely healed!" He says and shows her and does my arms as well.

"It's only been a week." She counters.

"I know!" He says astonished.

"That mean I can go?" I ask.

"No." They both answer at the same time and I roll my eyes.

"I'll get her set up for x-rays see if there's anything troubling." Dr. Bailey says and leaves the room as I sit up.

"I've never seen anything like it." He says amazed as I sit crisscross applesauce.

"Good healer." I shrug but he shakes is head.

"No this is-."

"Please don't say miraculous. I've had enough doctors say that to me to last a life time." I scoff.

"Well, good news is that we have a quiet board today." He says and I furrow my brows.

"How is that good news?" I ask.

"Because it means I can try and figure out how you healed so fast." He says with a smile and I roll my eyes and then gulp.

"What?" He asks.

"I don't know. I just have a bad feeling." I say and he tilts his head.

"About what?" He asks.

"Today." I admit.

"Wanna be more specific?" He asks.

"Don't know, yet. Just a bad feeling that something's gonna happen." I says and he nods.

"If you wait long enough, it passes." He offers but I shake my head.

"Not for me they don't." I mutter and he chuckles.

"What, you got some sixth sense or something?" He asks.

"Maybe." I shrug and he scoffs.

"Maybe you do need to be my patient after all." He chuckles and I playfully hit him.

I get out of the bed without his help and he watches me carefully, how I move, walk, stand.

"Can I at least have some clothes other than this?" I ask and he crosses his arms.